Average Stops per day delivery and pickups

35years

Gravy route
No running at all, 35years. Have not ran ever. Three points of contact... handrail, firm footing all the way.
Just good ol area knowledge, organization, and a fast pace.
Also, I don't mind helping. I get paid well for it, Ill get paid for 11 hours of work and only put in 9.
Sometimes I do and if I need to get out early... I let my sups know and they don't ask me to help. We have a great relationship that way. I call in to help others multiple days a week. I've helped new guys become more efficient drivers this way. They need help all the time early on.
The bonus drivers I know say the exact same thing..get paid for 11 and only work 9.
Every one of them come in early and go through the load, gather supplies etc. so the 9 hours is actually more like 9.8.
Then they skip their break, paid and unpaid, setting up stops while eating. So the 9.8 hours is actually 10.8.

Then management adjusts the allowance and the 11 hours that they get paid for becomes 10.5. I have seen this happen in multiple centers.

Good luck with doing them favors, once you are burned the 5th or 10th time that usually stops...

Last edited:

vvv

you sound like a prick. I know a couple guys just like you at my center. I help them all the time and take their moneys. slugs.

and BTW, there has never been any running, ever.

You're not taking their money clown.......guys like us do the job with correctness and go about our day with a repetitive steady methodical pace that NEVER deviates so they know EXACTLY what our capabilities are and what to expect from us.
I will still make just the same even if you take that work from me because the load was heavy and the quality poor, causing me to move 5 packages just to find 1. Therefore wasting time which = $.
Then I will make the money back just by wasting time setting up meet points and transferring packages and all the nonsense that goes along with it.
So keep running buddy as I love having clowns like yourself within decent proximity to my cover area. You'd be coming to see me quite frequently. :)

vvv

Just so you are aware...
You wont have a choice but to help the other driver if you keep running. Not your choice.
Your time allowance will be trimmed if you keep running. Lets just say the allowance is "fluid".
You can be terminated if you enter lunch and don't take it...A driver posted being fired for just that in the last month.
Eventually your back or knees or shoulders will give out if you keep running. We had a runner last 15 years then "poof" he was gone.

Right on the money on all points 35.....well said.

Drivers will be like "I'm not going to help him"......and yet they are shall we say coerced into it or told to find other employment.
I'm fair with the guys around me all year long in that if I see my load more jacked than usual in the morning I let them know to take their lunch that day or they will be more than likely be getting sent over later. I tell them they may as well slow it down, take lunch, and get paid for doing just their own than coming to help me......but they never wise up and keep motoring thru the day and then bitch when you know what happens.....it's laughable.

MrBates

Avg 190 to 200 stops/ day, 300 pieces, 2 PU. 40-50 miles.

Pre peak it was typically 170 stops.

Next week I'm expecting at least 230 to 250 stops.

WorknLateHuh

No running at all, 35years. Have not ran ever. Three points of contact... handrail, firm footing all the way.

The term “Running” doesnt neccessarily mean running. it means blasting through the route.

Your “fast pace” is the problem. Maybe not now, but it will be when you are trying to pace yourself through a long career without falling apart.

Habbits you put into place early will be what determines if you fall into pieces down the road

DRporch

130-160 70 miles 7pickups 250-350 pieces 2 bulk stops. without a helpers i do 20-30 an hour. with a helper 30-50an hour. no point in finishing early at my center your just sent to help someone else even if they dont need it. did 150 with a helper tuesday done at 430 had to go helpsomeone with 30 left.... he told me take 5-10. was a 30min drive to meet him.... #logistics

Rack em

Made the Podium
130-160 70 miles 7pickups 250-350 pieces 2 bulk stops. without a helpers i do 20-30 an hour. with a helper 30-50an hour. no point in finishing early at my center your just sent to help someone else even if they dont need it. did 150 with a helper tuesday done at 430 had to go helpsomeone with 30 left.... he told me take 5-10. was a 30min drive to meet him.... #logistics
Last peak I had a split on a military base where the houses very close together so you can park and deliver 4-6 stops at a time. Not hard at all to deliver 50 stops and hour by myself.

At about 18:30 I had 70 left which looks like a lot on a computer, but it was a little over an hour of work. I received 3 phone calls from drivers saying they were told to come help me! Not only was help not needed, but none of the drivers could even get on the military base to help me anyways since you have to get a special work badge and be a on a list in order to get on the base. It was a complete waste of time for everyone involved. It took more time for me to answer the calls and send messages to the center telling them how stupid they were than it did for me to deliver the stops.

Brohn Bron

You're not taking their money clown.......guys like us do the job with correctness and go about our day with a repetitive steady methodical pace that NEVER deviates so they know EXACTLY what our capabilities are and what to expect from us.
I will still make just the same even if you take that work from me because the load was heavy and the quality poor, causing me to move 5 packages just to find 1. Therefore wasting time which = $.
Then I will make the money back just by wasting time setting up meet points and transferring packages and all the nonsense that goes along with it.
So keep running buddy as I love having clowns like yourself within decent proximity to my cover area. You'd be coming to see me quite frequently. :)
Seems like we struck one of the runners nerves because he's handing our red x's like their candy.

I simply disagree with some of the things many of you are saying. I also think some of you feel threatened and that is why your saying some of things your saying. I never said their is anything wrong with how some of you handle your business ie. fast or slow or methodical. However some of you feel it’s necessary to chastise me for sharing my numbers and why I do it. You’ve all made some assumptions about my work and who I am. I may have made a mistake joining this website as differing opinions and work ethics do not seem to be welcome here.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I simply disagree with some of the things many of you are saying. I also think some of you feel threatened and that is why your saying some of things your saying. I never said their is anything wrong with how some of you handle your business ie. fast or slow or methodical. However some of you feel it’s necessary to chastise me for sharing my numbers and why I do it. You’ve all made some assumptions about my work and who I am. I may have made a mistake joining this website as differing opinions and work ethics do not seem to be welcome here.
No one feels threatened at all. It isn't hard to cut corners, burn up routes, and get done super early, literally anybody can do that. The reason people disagree with what you do is because you are all about yourself and don't have the union or your fellow union co workers in mind. You burn up routes making Ups expect that same amount of work from everybody. If all drivers were like you then it would cut union jobs and make Ups more unbearable than it already is. One day you will wake up and realize that you need to slow down because early on almost every driver has that go getter attitude. It takes time to realize what Ups is all about and that working harder and faster only gets you more work and an old beat up body.

vvv

Also, I don't mind helping. I get paid well for it, Ill get paid for 11 hours of work and only put in 9.
Sometimes I don't want to help others and if I need to get out early... I let my sups know and they don't ask me to help. We have a great relationship that way. I call in to help others multiple days a week. I've helped new guys become more efficient drivers this way. They need help all the time early on.

And how about how you park the truck??

No yellow curbs......not even covering someones driveway but so much as an inch......parking a safe distance from the corner so not to obstruct the views of other motorists.....obeying signs that read "no parking" or "no parking from here to corner".......no parking by fire hydrants.......no parking in handicapped.......no parking on opposite side of the street......no parking in the middle of the street.....

I my friend adhere to every single one of those and more. You on the other hand, well don't even try to crap me on that. Because I'm the only person I know of in my entire building I've ever seen do it this way. Trust me in that I walk a residential envelope off a suburban long block if the situation calls for it.

Condo deliveries......that's right......each and every one brought up to the door.......not the mail room.

Do the job correctly and get back to us on those bonus numbers.

Toast

Yesterday, 302 stops, 457 packages 74 miles 13.5 hour day this peak is going to suck. :wornout:Though I am supposed to get a helper next week....