Average time it takes to become full time?

We just added 5 off the street feeders. One of them was bitching to me how he has to unload, despite being fulltime at the ripe age of 22. I wish I could slap him so :censored2:ing hard.

Bro, you have no idea how long people had to do this :censored2: just to get a shot at feeders.
22 year old Feeder driver? Calling BS on that one.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
Full time since day 1, no PT workers in automotive or PE.

Lol.. might be quicker to convince Ryder or a company like that to let you work on their equipment for a few years to get some experience then apply to be a mechanic.

Our progression is 2 years, we now start mechanics at like 31 or so and top out a little over driver rate. However, we get a lot less overtime than the drivers get.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I’ve been loading trucks for almost 2 years now and was wondering how long it would take approximately to either A) become a package car driver or B) work inside the warehouse full time?
Yet our union lets outsiders waltz in and bump fellow Teamsters? I'm sure generating initiation fees have nothing to do with it.

rocket man

I’ve been loading trucks for almost 2 years now and was wondering how long it would take approximately to either A) become a package car driver or B) work inside the warehouse full time?
Hello anyway do you work in a Bulding- all by yourself? If you've been there two years and you have not had the guts or the smarts to ask somebody in your building how long it takes. Maybe you should just still be a loader UPS needs people like to think on the move apparently you can't think and you have 60 70 drivers coming in at the end of the night you can ask any of them

Started in Redmond, outside of Seattle in 1992, was going to take 8 years. Left, moved to Spokane, became accountant, got laid off, came back as peak driver, told to come into warehouse as loader for 6 months. Did so in April 2019, went to Portland Integrad in August. Bid for Full time (off of 22.4 Tue-Sat) after 2 months. Now I'm begging for time off to actually use my benefits. Working about 50 hrs/wk and loving it.