Avoidable runaway

rod

Retired 22 years
Wait until the vehicle is at a complete stop before you engage the emergency brake.

You're welcome.
They always told us that a good driver should be able to slam on the brakes -throw the emergency brake on - make the delivery and get back in the truck before it quit rocking back and forth. But That was back when we had it tough--not like you babyset drivers now days.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
They always told us that a good driver should be able to slam on the brakes -throw the emergency brake on - make the delivery and get back in the truck before it quit rocking back and forth. But That was back when we had it tough--not like you babyset drivers now days.
That was before driver release. And that was with an indirect thrown in too.

Didn't you just paperboy them like the rest of us?

I always knew you was a runner.

rod

Retired 22 years
Didn't you just paperboy them like the rest of us?

I always knew you was a runner.
It was hard to be a runner when you needed a signature for damn near everything. Everyone is a runner the first year or so. Or at least until they crap on you one too many times and you go off the deep end like the majority of the piss off workers.

Rack em

Made the Podium
It was hard to be a runner when you needed a signature for damn near everything. Everyone is a runner the first year or so. Or at least until they crap on you one too many times and you go off the deep end like the majority of the piss off workers.
Sounds like me lol.

Penalize the hard workers. Guess what, the young kids aren't sticking around like we did.

The best workers they get now are the ones that are over 35. They have life experience and appreciate a good job.

rod

Retired 22 years
Sounds like me lol.
You and everyone else. Eventually they manage to turn everyone against them. Its their own damn fault with their "manage by harassment" style of business. I shouldn't say everyone--there will always be a few Upstates in the crowd.

rod

Retired 22 years
Penalize the hard workers. Guess what, the young kids aren't sticking around like we did.

The best workers they get now are the ones that are over 35. They have life experience and appreciate a good job.
I don't have much faith in the "young kids" anymore. They give up too easy. They want EVERYTHING---NOW.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Yeah, now they drug test for amphetamines.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
I don't have much faith in the "young kids" anymore. They give up too easy. They want EVERYTHING---NOW.
Depends on if it's an extended center or hub.
Our "kids" truly work hard. Yes, they dont have a clue about customer relations but it's even harder with the abortion dispatches we see. Heck, even the A routes are often primordial soup derived.
We have children dispatching the thing down the toilet and they couldn't care less because even if we lose a large account we saved 150 miles that day and that's all that matters.

Not always---there is such a thing as a bad kid also. When they grow up knowing the nobody can lay a hand on them a certain percentage HAS to test the limits. Add to that peer pressure and drugs and its not always the parents fault.
I agree with you on that but in the other hand, you have parents that don't want little Johnny to get his hands dirty.

When my kids wanted to start driving my number one rule was you are getting a job first.

rod

Retired 22 years
I agree with you on that but in the other hand, you have parents that don't want little Johnny to get his hands dirty.

When my kids wanted to start driving my number one rule was you are getting a job first.
Oh I agree with you 100%. Parents today for the most part are horrible. All they want to do is be their kids best friend and that is not what real parenting is about.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Pay that sucker off! It's a very liberating feeling.
I'm talking about the 30+ group that just went into major debt, plus have kids.
Common sense often precipitates from responsibility and the unmarried young crowd is only looking to get off early and hunt dear.

Blame the parents.
The parents often had it too easy.
Most never cared enough to love, honor, and cherish the spouse much less the kids.
Priorities are money and fun. Why would a young person embrace commitment to a job when everything in their young lives were throw away issues?
You are right. For the most part responsibility and commitment are both learned from at least one parent.
And God bless coaches. Someone's gotta care.