Avoidable runaway

Indecisi0n

And how do you not know how to adjust the brake? It's that long black throbbing rod . Grip it , some require two hands and turn it. Turn it until it gets super hard. Once it gets nice and hard push into it. If you ride into it and it stays rock hard then your good.
@bbsam has one of these brakes. Maybe he can help.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
They didnt tell us that i went to intergrad with 4 other drivers they didnt find out till after my accident so now they and i took the ultimate loss we were taught the "Ninja Method" at intergrad and other drivers at our center said the same thing so the union was surprised that i lost the battle so i just came here for a little feedback and spread a little knowledge to fellow upsers
So you didn’t have enough common sense to tell that the e-brake was loose? That shouldn’t have to be taught to you. You were driving for eight months prior. That’s enough time to figure out if a brake is loose or not. Assuming you didn’t know how to tighten it, the “wet noodle” should have been caught in the pretrip, at which time you say, “Hey sup, this brake feels loose. What do I do about this?”

@1BROWNWRENCH
Screenshot_20200104-142027.png

Hopefully you are better at being a mechanic than quoting...

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
So you didn’t have enough common sense to tell that the e-brake was loose? That shouldn’t have to be taught to you. You were driving for eight months prior. That’s enough time to figure out if a brake is loose or not. Assuming you didn’t know how to tighten it, the “wet noodle” should have been caught in the pretrip, at which time you say, “Hey sup, this brake feels loose. What do I do about this?”
We are supposed to engage the brake and then test it by putting the tranny in the lowest forward gear to see if it holds.
This method of testing the e-brake hasnt changed for decades.