B and complaining

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Yes you could. You didn’t have mapnav holding your hand and you still made it.
Would you have made it in a culture that actively opposes the kinds of thinking you'd do to run a route without mapnav, diad instructions, ####s etc. If the tools they gave us were truly optional and supplemental in nature. It would be way easier.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Would you have made it in a culture that actively opposes the kinds of thinking you'd do to run a route without mapnav, diad instructions, ####s etc. If the tools they gave us were truly optional and supplemental in nature. It would be way easier.
Yes. I have been for the last 20 years.

freehoodies

If they are sending you home early to try to conserve your hours for saturday, let them do that and call in sick saturday.

When they realize they gave the bottom seniority driver the easiest week in the center they will feel like idiots.

rod

Retired 22 years
And had to be done before dark, otherwise the sun dial watch would quit working!
It IS true, we just don't understand how rough he had it back then!
I took over my rural route in the late fall so the day light was getting pretty short by then--- dark by 4:30-5:00 pm. I didn't even know what the last 3rd of my route looked like in daylight until spring. Good times -- running around lost in the dark banging on farmers doors. You guys don't know the meaning of stress. Now you have your little gizmos that pick out you next stop, tell you how many pkgs you have for it and give you turn by turn directions on how to get to it. What a bunch of p-u-ss-a-y-s.

oldngray

nowhere special
I took over my rural route in the late fall so the day light was getting pretty short by then--- dark by 4:30-5:00 pm. I didn't even know what the last 3rd of my route looked like in daylight until spring. Good times -- running around lost in the dark banging on farmers doors. You guys don't know the meaning of stress. Now you have your little gizmos that pick out you next stop, tell you how many pkgs you have for it and give you turn by turn directions on how to get to it. What a bunch of p-u-ss-a-y-s.
Before 911 system a lot of those houses didn't have any numbers. Lots of fun trying to figure out where everyone was.

rod

Retired 22 years
Before 911 system a lot of those houses didn't have any numbers. Lots of fun trying to figure out where everyone was.
Not only did the farms not have numbers-- 90 % of them didn't even have their names on their mailboxes because "everyone knows who they are". :-)

oldngray

nowhere special
And every once in awhile the post office would changed the routes around and the route numbers would change but old Clyde Suckfinger never would change his address.
Sometimes the numbers would change from city to county and you could have the same numbers less than a mile apart.

rod

Retired 22 years
Sometimes the numbers would change from city to county and you could have the same numbers less than a mile apart.
I had a little open pit iron ore mining town where they a had moved houses as the pit expanded but the never changed house numbers. You could have a 200 and a 600 and a 500 address on the same block.