Back in time issues

B

boswharfs

Oh man,
When I was cover the occasional under 4.
Actually having a 2 day training session for driver's helpers at Christmas instead of "make him successful and get him off your truck in 3 hours."
Phone sends because dva not working. (don't actually miss that one.)

T

therodog

TLA's ( Talk, Listen, Asslohe)

WOWOW, havent heard that in a while. They just a way for Sups to know you better, and know where to push your buttons...

(Message edited by therodog on August 31, 2005)

T

toonertoo

I remember paid for golf outings, and great food and drink. Now its teamster sponsored, pay your own way, and 75.00 a piece. I just used to go to win the high gross trophy, (guaranteed) and have a blast with my fellow workers. I thiink it was a morale booster. Now they have no get togethers of any kind, no one would want to go anyway, as now their time off is very limited. We have "extra" drivers this week, so I took a day off. Im resting up as we all know what is coming, the peak from hell.

T

tieguy

"TLA's ( Talk, Listen, Asslohe)

WOWOW, havent heard that in a while. They just a way for Sups to know you better, and know where to push your buttons..."

yea . Never seemed to help. You guys changed your buttons every day....
happy.gif

S

speeddemon

I dont think the time is set right in my preferances. But, yes, I am on vacation.

T

trickpony1

I know I may have to walk the plank on the Good Ship Lollipop for saying this but here goes:

I think the checks get screwed up on purpose and these "mistakes" are spread randomly throughout the population simply because the company knows there is a 50/50 chance that the employee won't notice the error. Think of the money the company saves by doing this.

If an employee notices a paycheck error the company can always say "OOPS! that darned computer made a mistake....it'll be on your next check"

I've had computer classes in college and I know that a computer will only do what it is told to do......something about "garbage in, garbage out".

O

over9five

I track my hours to the hundredth, and UPS han't made a mistake in years.

BUT, I have money automatically taken out for deposit in my Teamster Credit Union acct, and once it didn't make it. UPS blamed the Teamsters, and the Teamsters blamed UPS. Finally the Teamsters admitted they made a "mistake" and credited my account.
I thought the same thing at the time. "They randomly do this to people every week, and most never even notice".
In fact, at the time, they gave me a "special" number to call if it ever happens again.

T

trickpony1

nevadapaul,
That wasn't a very nice thing to say.
You don't even know me. In fact, I would probably be the first to offer assistance should the company screw you. But then you might be one of the growing number of shipmates on the Good Ship Lollipop and nothing ever happens to you?

G

gman

Mistakes are made. I've had a few misdeliveries, cod errors, dropped a few boxes that got damages, put few scratches or worse on my car, shot my mouth off to some customers, missed a few deliveries and pick ups, ect. ect.

My sup is usually the one who has to take the brunt of the customers wrath when something happens. It was my mistake but he has to deal with it. When they make one, just deal with it and give up the conspiracy theory.
oops.gif

T

trickpony1

A "mistake" is what it is called if you make it once.
What is it called if it continues?

M

mistakes

9 hour 'planned' days that equate to 11 plus on road, over 220 stops and 15 pickups, 105+ temperatue, 125 or more in the back of the truck with the bulkhead door closed or immediate termination on the spot, and management is surprised that misdeliveries and ddfu's are up? Sounds like it's incompetence on IE's side trying to squeeze pennies from all facets of the operation even if in the long run that squeeze actually adds costs to the bottom line. So no, I'd have to say that mistakes after running nonstop all day trying to bring it in under the 2 hour over threshold that promts a visit upstairs with a shop steward are not on 'purpose'.

G

gman

I'd hate to think I'm perfect if doing it more than once is no longer a mistake.

P

pd109

I remember 15 years ago I only had to wait 6 months to get to top rate.The poor bastards nowadays have to do 3 years at half the pay.

S

steamheat

...anyone remember when people use to make an effort to do the right thing regardless...

P

proups

trick: nobody can make the Captain of the Good Ship Lollipop walk the plank.
biggrin.gif

I've seen mistakes on checks, benefit claims, etc....but with a little perseverance, they get corrected.

Now to think the company does it intentionally to save money???
wink4.gif