Back to cutting routes on Mondays

Ouch

Seems to me ups takes the stance of, there's never enough time to do it right, but their is always time to do it over. I don't get it. They know where I am cutting these routes will always result in sending people every where to help. Seems to me they would have saved money putting in routes as to paying overtime to every driver.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Seems to me ups takes the stance of, there's never enough time to do it right, but their is always time to do it over. I don't get it. They know where I am cutting these routes will always result in sending people every where to help. Seems to me they would have saved money putting in routes as to paying overtime to every driver.
Seems to me drivers could put an end to this by saying they want their guarantee. But I'm just a dumb truck driver what do I know.

Indecisi0n

Yea it was a cluster friend today and I am starting to aim my hate toward my fellow drivers rather than management. After all they are the ones deciding not to work. I am so sick of hearing excuses "I want to see my kid" "I want to hang out with friends" " I have stuff to do".

I DONT CARE. COME TO WORK!

Yea it was a cluster friend today and I am starting to aim my hate toward my fellow drivers rather than management. After all they are the ones deciding not to work. I am so sick of hearing excuses "I want to see my kid" "I want to hang out with friends" " I have stuff to do".

Maybe, they had towash their socks!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

That's kind of my New Years resolution. Greatly reduce my dead days.

BrownArmy

Bid a route, then you can be the one with the excuses...

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
This is one policy that our new center manager has put in place that I totally agree with-----we must use any days that we have on the books before being approved for a dead day.
You love to say this and I would wonder why you worry so much about others drivers, but your body of work is well documented on this site.
This new system your center manager has adopted is nothing more than a theory and I will tell you why.
In order to get the lower seniority guys work and avoid them filing for unemployment benefits, higher seniority guys have to be willing to take a dive.
This is also true in avoiding sending guys out in the blind.
The bigger the center, the more prevalent it is.
This practice of "dead days" as you call them, is a symbiotic relationship for both driver and company and is likely to never change for long, if ever.

For the record, and for reasons other than yours, I wish it was as your new center manager prescribed for everybody.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have no problem with dead days as long as they have used up all of their paid days first.

Invariably one of these guys will use dead days all year long, put in for a paid day off in October and will get the day over someone who never takes dead days and still has days on the books. How is this fair?

If you have days they should be used first.

Indecisi0n

You love to say this and I would wonder why you worry so much about others drivers, but your body of work is well documented on this site.
This new system your center manager has adopted is nothing more than a theory and I will tell you why.
In order to get the lower seniority guys work and avoid them filing for unemployment benefits, higher seniority guys have to be willing to take a dive.
This is also true in avoiding sending guys out in the blind.
The bigger the center, the more prevalent it is.
This practice of "dead days" as you call them, is a symbiotic relationship for both driver and company and is likely to never change for long, if ever.

For the record, and for reasons other than yours, I wish it was as your new center manager prescribed for everybody.
Not sure if I am reading this correctly but are you saying that "dead days" are a good thing?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I have no problem with dead days as long as they have used up all of their paid days first.

Invariably one of these guys will use dead days all year long, put in for a paid day off in October and will get the day over someone who never takes dead days and still has days on the books. How is this fair?

If you have days they should be used first.

I already explained that.
It isn't about fair.
It's about both parties perceived benefits.
I like it your way for a different set of reasons, but it will never happen that way for long.
As soon as these guys start refusing to use their paid days, the company will relent.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Remember kids, nit pick season is once again upon us. Make sure your shoes are polished as you run nonsensical splits 10 miles away from your route but be in under 9.5. Oh and don't forget to turn in those sale leads but don't take to much time with your customers.