Route bid.

BigBrownboxx

Do you absolutely HAVE to take a package car route if you win the bid for it? I have won a bid on a route but my wife’s health situation dictates me not being able to take it. (It has late pick ups)

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
Do you absolutely HAVE to take a package car route if you win the bid for it? I have won a bid on a route but my wife’s health situation dictates me not being able to take it. (It has late pick ups)
See what FMLA can do for you guys or try and reason with management about giving that pick up to a neighbor. Few guys here at my center are on FMLA and managed to get their stop count lowered. hope it works out for you guys.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
See what FMLA can do for you guys or try and reason with management about giving that pick up to a neighbor. Few guys here at my center are on FMLA and managed to get their stop count lowered. hope it works out for you guys.
Yeah dump it on the guys next to you. You didn’t know it
Had pickups when you bid it
SMH

rod

Retired 22 years
Not in the 177, package or feeder you write your name on the bid sheet, and you are awarded the route in package, or job bid in feeders it’s yours. Only way off is to win the bid on a different job.
Well that sounds pretty sucky. We always had a 2 week grace period where you could get your old route back if you decide the new one wasn't for you.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
Fat chance -----from what I read on here NOBODY wants to "work' anymore. UPS is lucky if they can get 3 days a week out of anyone.
I hope that isn't true. I do see your point...
We are lucky in our little center "Hey Coop, I gotta get home for sauna with my brother from Minnesota, can you grab my letterbox"
Me - absolutely

rod

Retired 22 years
I hope that isn't true. I do see your point...
We are lucky in our little center "Hey Coop, I gotta get home for sauna with my brother from Minnesota, can you grab my letterbox"
Me - absolutely
Maybe a letter box but that would be about it for any help offered.

ManInBrown

You can't pass?
No definitely not in feeders. I believe in package you get a certain number of days to try the route and if you don’t like you go back to your old route. It’s been a long time since I left package but I believe that’s how it works. Feeders, it’s yours. Can’t pass, no backing out. The bids are yearly in feeders so you’re only screwed until the new bid. It just happened last year. Feeder driver signed wrong job, went ballistic.