background check for P/T sup HELP!!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
So I’ve been working on re-load at ups for 4 years and just applied for P/T supervisor. And was informed of a background check, I have 1 Misdemeanors Theft from 5 years it’s........ WILL I GET THE JOB ???
What did you steal, and who did you steal it from?

Dritalin

I signed up to this piece of :censored2: website just to talk you out of this. going sup at UPS is a terrible idea in your situation. The number one reason is that you are 1 year away from vesting in the pension. That's five years of work you'll be pissing down the drain, about $8/hr for every hour you've ever worked at UPS that you'll loose 100%. That's ~$32,000 FYI. And don't listen to the cynics, pensions are being strained, but worst case scenario they'll offer you a buyout.

Also, UPS is a union company. A strong union, they have to compensate for this by pissing all over the beni package for the supervisors. You'll loose your healthcare and get instead :censored2: coverage that you'll be paying through the nose for.

Also, they'll probably start you out at a salary that equals $14/hr. That's about what you're making right the fudge now. Why would you trade that for more stress, less advancement and no pension/healthcare??? You're paycheck will be larger, but that's only because you'll be working more hours.

I know you are probably thinking you have no other advancement opportunities than to go mgmt, but you're better off moving to another company entirely, and that's the only reason I would suggest going into management.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
So I’ve been working on re-load at ups for 4 years and just applied for P/T supervisor. And was informed of a background check, I have 1 Misdemeanors Theft from 5 years it’s........ WILL I GET THE JOB ???
They might do this:

q3ln_g.gif

Poop Head

Judge me.
I signed up to this piece of :censored2: website just to talk you out of this. going sup at UPS is a terrible idea in your situation. The number one reason is that you are 1 year away from vesting in the pension. That's five years of work you'll be pissing down the drain, about $8/hr for every hour you've ever worked at UPS that you'll loose 100%. That's ~$32,000 FYI. And don't listen to the cynics, pensions are being strained, but worst case scenario they'll offer you a buyout.

Also, UPS is a union company. A strong union, they have to compensate for this by pissing all over the beni package for the supervisors. You'll loose your healthcare and get instead :censored2: coverage that you'll be paying through the nose for.

Also, they'll probably start you out at a salary that equals $14/hr. That's about what you're making right the fudge now. Why would you trade that for more stress, less advancement and no pension/healthcare??? You're paycheck will be larger, but that's only because you'll be working more hours.

I know you are probably thinking you have no other advancement opportunities than to go mgmt, but you're better off moving to another company entirely, and that's the only reason I would suggest going into management.
Lay off the Ritalin, D*

MzTeaze

I remember when I got hired 31+ years as a part time employee having to be bonded.
Is that not the case these days?

Now that is old school. I haven't heard of jobs requiring bonds in years. How much money handling is required of the job now versus when you were hired?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Now that is old school. I haven't heard of jobs requiring bonds in years. How much money handling is required of the job now versus when you were hired?

Bonding is just not about handling cash, which we no longer do. Many of the packages that we deliver are insured for at least $1K, if not more.