Backup Lights

rod

Retired 22 years
Horses can't reverse
:bsbullf:---I once was on a hay wagon ride and a friend who was driving had the horses back the wagon 100 feet down a steep boat ramp into the Mississippi. He didn't stop until the water was about a third of the way up over the wagon. He had half the drunk people on the wagon scared :censored2:less.

quad decade guy

Anyone "tamper" a little with them and find a brighter bulb or maybe a better lense?
I'm out in very rural areas after dark. I encounter very little traffic. I often nose in a driveway and back out into the road where the main obstacles are mailboxes and the ditch. All I'm saying is it would be nice to have enough light to follow the methods in these situations. I will take off the lenses one of these days and see if i can find a cheap bulb that shines brighter.
Tamper? Good way to get fired.

Nose in? Methods?

All great ways to get fired.

Especially backing into traffic.

rod

Retired 22 years
Anyone "tamper" a little with them and find a brighter bulb or maybe a better lense?
Years ago I replaced my standard UPS headlights in an old P-600 with (at that time) "top of the line" Halogen lights. That was after I had a highway patrolman buddy write me a fix-it ticket for dim headlights. Petty cashed them and installed them myself---on company time. Got called into the office on that one. Didn't care--I had BRIGHT head lights.