Added Truck Doohickies

FozziesDeliveries

20230418_152056.jpg
20230418_152204.jpg

What are these things? They added them to all of our trucks. The one part time sup said security told him they were for better tracking. There are 3 on the truck so i guess that works as a theory for triangulation. idk 🤷‍♂️ i was just curious if anyone else has them in their center and if anyone knew what they were.

Red Headed Stranger

We have had them since last year. Shortly after mounting those devices to the package cars, they had the people working preload use a scanner mounted to a wrist/hand strap. The wrist/hand bracelets with the scanners were later discontinued and now the PT sups use a "wand" that is supposed to find misloads in the package cars.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
We have had them since last year. Shortly after mounting those devices to the package cars, they had the people working preload use a scanner mounted to a wrist/hand strap. The wrist/hand bracelets with the scanners were later discontinued and now the PT sups use a "wand" that is supposed to find misloads in the package cars.
Has it worked?

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Second times a charm. They wasted how many hundreds of millions on those stupid things they drilled into the shelves that you whack your elbow on making loaders wear those finger scanners. Our building used them for about a month and gave up on it.

Sixth Punch Sense

Has it worked?
We've had them for about 6 months, the answer is yes and no. I rarely have a misload in my car but I have a bad pal misload in my car regularly.

The spa machine runs slower than the previous one so when the packages come through a pal will regularly get on the wrong package. The first couple of weeks I'd get 7 bad pals a day, now it's a couple a week. We don't run bad pal's unless it makes sense. The clerk has a bad pal cart

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
We've had them for about 6 months, the answer is yes and no. I rarely have a misload in my car but I have a bad pal misload in my car regularly.

The spa machine runs slower than the previous one so when the packages come through a pal will regularly get on the wrong package. The first couple of weeks I'd get 7 bad pals a day, now it's a couple a week. We don't run bad pal's unless it makes sense. The clerk has a bad pal cart
That's interesting, the bad pal cart. Definitely gotta be some learning curve.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic

I was a big fan of them for the 5 or more years we used them.
My philosophy is, if you don't dumb it down to *that* level, you'd better cut the dispatch crap and go back to looking at addresses and loading by sequence. Spa without the scanners sucks, it's just downright annoying. Being strapped like Barney was way better, this was especially true with rapidly degrading sequence numbers from "virtual" studies and a screw-you amount of add-cuts, then there are bad spa and flips.

Last edited:

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I am going to assume Diad 6 does not have the rfid "wand" capability. Like we wanted years ago when rumors started on them. So realistically they are just another preload harassment tool under the guise of misload metrics.

It's crazy how much stuff now we have in trial that has almost no software utilization. We also have dimension scanners on the unload belts and believe also weight, don't see that data getting used anywhere.

Last edited:

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Sounds like a job a union member should do

pkgdriver

I was a big fan of them for the 5 or more years we used them.
My philosophy is, if you don't dumb it down to *that* level, you'd better cut the dispatch crap and go back to looking at addresses and loading by sequence. Spa without the scanners sucks, it's just downright annoying. Being strapped like Barney was way better, this was especially true with rapidly degrading sequence numbers from "virtual" studies and a screw-you amount of add-cuts, then there are bad spa and flips.
with rapidly degrading sequence numbers from "virtual" studies

Please elaborate. Im kinda slow.