Thoughts on these things being tested?

rod

Retired 22 years
Yeah, Saturday ground, 200+ stops a day, 9:15 start times. Things just keep getting better and better here.
But your rear end won't get hot with your cushy air-conditioned seats and dual fans blowing on you. And just think--if it gets dark you can actually see in the back of the truck now, Pretty snazzy. :-)

PreTrippin’

Getting drunk and falling down
Posted awhile back about UPS trying white trucks, our center has 4-6 I think. Along with this they are also testing some newer things in classic brown colored trucks.

Heated seats, vented seats (slit is in the headrest) not much airflow from what I can tell. Two fans in the cab, along with one or two (couple package cars have one, others have 2) larger fans in the back pointing upwards, along with vented bulkhead door (even has a filter). Also the lights in the back are MUCH brighter and motion activated, so you basically leave them on the whole time.

Any questions, I can try to answer, buddy of mine is driving one of these.
View attachment 382426View attachment 382425View attachment 382423View attachment 382422View attachment 382424
Cool. But… if I had used that truck today the fan would have been busted thru the roof and that bulkhead vent would be severely dented or punctured. And that filter would get clogged just leaving the yard. Glad they’re trying something tho.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
What kind of vent is on the roof for the fan? Can water get to it easily? I see that thing lasting about a month.
822558mccb6a1r-gif.301574

Buffet Master

FEEDAH FATTY
Out of curiosity, I see a lot of guys say about AC, and I can imagine it sucks in summer. But I've never seen any complaints about cold weather, so I assume the heat works pretty well in package cars?

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Out of curiosity, I see a lot of guys say about AC, and I can imagine it sucks in summer. But I've never seen any complaints about cold weather, so I assume the heat works pretty well in package cars?

It works ok in most of them…they are drafty af though even in the cab. At least in the winter you can layer up and keep moving to stay warm. But in the summer once we are stripped down to shorts and a polo they frown on us stripping any further.