Bad Moon Rising

bacha29

Like I said, when Bezos makes that commitment, let us know.
I'm not going to do your job for you. Keeping tabs on your competitors is among the tasks you get paid for. Granted, it's tough trying to do it from you mom's windowless basement with no outside entrance door but sorry my hands are tied when it comes to trying to help you.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Like I said, when Bezos makes that commitment, let us know.

I was just reading more about Amazon's amazing capital reserves. With that kind of money, Bezos can do what he wants without the restrictions other providers have.

As the article posted out, UPS and FedEx are in huge trouble if Bezos decides to be a common carrier and haul for everyone and anyone, not just Amazon. 100% full airplanes all the time, because he hauls his own product too. And Amazon Air rates would probably be less, with better service.

With his money, he could absolutely do it. I'd like to see him bend Fred over the barrel before he goes to Hell.

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Bezos is renting from a budget airline. Good for him. Let me know when he actually makes the commitment.

Speaking of commitments, Amazon's on-time performance is way better than either that of FedEx or UPS. Perhaps you need to make the commitment to remove your head from your butt.

Who he gets his planes from is irrelevant, except to an idiot like you. It's the COST of his services that IS relevant. And if he moves the freight for less by leasing, who is smarter, Fat Freddy or Jeff?

And, if Bezos IS buying, Boeing would make him some great deals on 777F's and 767Fs right now, because they're hurting. I know he has been in past negotiations to buy from Boeing, so we'll see where that goes.

Last edited:

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I'm not going to do your job for you. Keeping tabs on your competitors is among the tasks you get paid for. Granted, it's tough trying to do it from you mom's windowless basement with no outside entrance door but sorry my hands are tied when it comes to trying to help you.

Amazon isn't a competitor.

59 Dano

I was just reading more about Amazon's amazing capital reserves. With that kind of money, Bezos can do what he wants without the restrictions other providers have.

As the article posted out, UPS and FedEx are in huge trouble if Bezos decides to be a common carrier and haul for everyone and anyone, not just Amazon. 100% full airplanes all the time, because he hauls his own product too. And Amazon Air rates would probably be less, with better service.

With his money, he could absolutely do it. I'd like to see him bend Fred over the barrel before he goes to Hell.

That's a lot of speculation that you're banking on.

59 Dano

No, it isn't. Dano thinks that if you lease aircraft you're a "budget" airline. ABX is basically the old Airborne if I'm not mistaken.

ABX is a budget airline. Tiny fleet with low prices subsidized by poorly paid pilots.

Speaking of commitments, Amazon's on-time performance is way better than either that of FedEx or UPS. Perhaps you need to make the commitment to remove your head from your butt.

Is that a published metric or -speaking of butts- are you simply talking out of yours?

Who he gets his planes from is irrelevant, except to an idiot like you. It's the COST of his services that IS relevant. And if he moves the freight for less by leasing, who is smarter, Fat Freddy or Jeff?

You seem to forget the limitations that come with these contracted arrangements. You seem to forget a lot of things.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
ABX is a budget airline. Tiny fleet with low prices subsidized by poorly paid pilots.

Is that a published metric or -speaking of butts- are you simply talking out of yours?

You seem to forget the limitations that come with these contracted arrangements. You seem to forget a lot of things.

These days, with pilots in short supply, there really isn't anything like a poorly paid pilot when you're talking commercial jets. ABX has 37 planes, all cargo derivatives of the 767. Atlas Air has 122 planes, counting the 767 lost in Texas this year.

You seem to forget that aircraft are expensive to operate, own, lease, and crew, and that even though ABX and Atlas airmen don't make FedEx wages, they do quite well.

59 Dano

These days, with pilots in short supply, there really isn't anything like a poorly paid pilot when you're talking commercial jets. ABX has 37 planes, all cargo derivatives of the 767. Atlas Air has 122 planes, counting the 767 lost in Texas this year.

You seem to forget that aircraft are expensive to operate, own, lease, and crew, and that even though ABX and Atlas airmen don't make FedEx wages, they do quite well.

You have no idea what they make.

Maybe you guys missed the stories about the challenges that the contractor airlines are facing. Their crews are stretched thin by taking on Amazon business and they are constantly under the gun to cut costs to retain Amazon. There are staffing and turnover issues as well because of the pay and conditions.

It's amazing what you're willing to overlook when you're pushing an agenda.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
That's a lot of speculation that you're banking on.

More specul
Maybe you guys missed the stories about the challenges that the contractor airlines are facing. Their crews are stretched thin by taking on Amazon business and they are constantly under the gun to cut costs to retain Amazon. There are staffing and turnover issues as well because of the pay and conditions.

It's amazing what you're willing to overlook when you're pushing an agenda.

That's because their pilots can leave and go fly for one of the majors. Unless you're in your late 50s or 60s, a big carrier will snap a pilot right up. Heavy jet pilots are on big demand, or haven't you noticed?

More speculation today from FCKFEDEX that Express could lose another 40% in value and be a prime takeover target, possibly Wal-Mart, which wants to be more competitive with Amazon.

Get that blue vest ready.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Damn, I must have forgot to renew my magazine subscription to Pilot's World.

Boo-hoo!!!

Serf

So two choices exist really; Sell. Which I don't think is realistic right now. Or downsize heavily & reduce profit expectation drastically for the Express segment of the Company.

59 Dano

That's because their pilots can leave and go fly for one of the majors. Unless you're in your late 50s or 60s, a big carrier will snap a pilot right up. Heavy jet pilots are on big demand, or haven't you noticed?

Have I noticed? Considering I pointed out the turnover that's screwing those dinky airlines, I'd say yes, I noticed.

Here we are in rare agreement that the contractor airlines are hamstrung with staffing issues, yet you still think Amazon Air is going to be this big thing.

59 Dano

He's a FedEx manager. That means he isn't qualified for anything but lies and misrepresentation. I think carts are asking way too much.

You have such a visceral hate and disrespect for management that could only come from being turned down for a position, booted from a position, or from having a manager who nailed you on something.

No other reasons.