Votes: 24 32.9%
  • Allow 'unregistered' posters, but show their IP address

Votes: 12 16.4%

• Total voters

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Anonymous Coward said:
Interesting how Cheryl has flamed me by changing by changing the name to anon coward. I thought this was going to be open and honest in how we treat the anon poster. But it would seem that either she has changed her opinion or someone else in in comand of the controls. Just very interesting.
FYI: I did change the default setting for the name that an unregistered poster chooses to post with to Anonymous Coward. The reason was to change the unregistered poster's default name to something undesirable to encourage them to type in something other than the default name of Unregistered when they post. If you don't like to post under Anonymous Coward it's your choice to change it to whatever you like. I have noticed that some unregistered posters have recently chosen the names Anonymous Genius or
Anonymous Hero... This change was not a flame against you, it was my awkward attempt to force those of you that choose not to register to distinguish yourselves from one another while I figure out something to satisfy the concerns of our registered users.

ok2bclever

I Re Member
cheryl said:
The reason was to change the unregistered posters default name to something undesirable to encourage them to type in something other than the default name of Unregistered when they post.

I thought it absolutely brilliant in it's simplicity to give them incentive to call themselves something else.

Also knew there would be some who wouldn't be able to figure out to change it (until you pointed it out just now, although, who knows, probably some still . . .:lol:) and that was fine too. :laugh:

moreluck

golden ticket member
OK, what about the people with MPD? Multiple Personality Disorder! Do they register JUST their main personality giving credence to only a small portion of their true character?

Does each pesonality register under a different name, thus differentiating their varied comments for the reader?

Gosh, Cheryl's job is much more complicated than I thought it was, right folks?
Yes it is!
I agree.
Me too!
:tongue_sm

Ms Spoken

moreluck said:
OK, what about the people with MPD? Multiple Personality Disorder! Do they register JUST their main personality giving credence to only a small portion of their true character?

Does each pesonality register under a different name, thus differentiating their varied comments for the reader?

Gosh, Cheryl's job is much more complicated than I thought it was, right folks?
Yes it is!
I agree.
Me too!
:tongue_sm

Hey More,

You have been missed around here... Welcome home.

Happy New Year Everyone

I don't see a problem with allowing unregistered users to post. If they become abusive or in violation of forum/site rules that particular IP should be banned. If an unregistered user is posting often I think they should register. It is convenient for those who are just stopping by and want to make a post to not have to go through the registration process.

upser_J

if u wanna contribute to the site, one should have to register... really was it that much of a pain to register?? no! and its not like you get harassed by brown cafe about enlarging your package (haha no pun intended..... ok maybe a little pun was intended)... what are some good reasons why one would not want to register?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

if u wanna contribute to the site, one should have to register... really was it that much of a pain to register?? no! and its not like you get harassed by brown cafe about enlarging your package (haha no pun intended..... ok maybe a little pun was intended)... what are some good reasons why one would not want to register?

Anonymity. Look no further than what happened to Steve. I do agree that you should have to register in order to participate on this site although not doing so does not diminish the contribution. In Steve's case, he pushed the envelope repeatedly and finally tore it open when he posted pic's of his on-car which showed him not following safety rules.

I have yet to be questioned about my participation on Brown Cafe. I do not temper my views here but know where the line is and may flirt with it but will not cross it.