Barbara Bush

floridays

sorry, I didn't realize you were involved in my relationship!

or wait, could it be, I was taking my own experience and it to someone else's, even if it's not quite the same...

luckily for us, we don't need a contract to prove our commitment to ourselves or any one else for that matter. 5 months, 5 years or 50 years, time doesn't equate to commitment, or is there a magic time period where people don't cheat or split up?

take your water and shove it and go away.

thanks
Chump change, heard all those arguments before, ask the Bush's, the Moreluck's, even the old folks with 49 years, that said 'Marry your best friend....' if it's the same. I see I hit a nerve, why won't the guy marry you? No answer to that question needed. Marriage and living together are in no way they same, I've done both.

vantexan

Chump change, heard all those arguments before, ask the Bush's, the Moreluck's, even the old folks with 49 years, that said 'Marry your best friend....' if it's the same. I see I hit a nerve, why won't the guy marry you? No answer to that question needed. Marriage and living together are in no way they same, I've done both.
My grandparents were married 65 years before he passed. In a world where things don't last one of the most beautiful things is seeing a committed relationship that does.

cryssyx3

no nerve hit, I've just read enough of your posts to know what kind of person you are. you'd be better off conversing with likes of Dave. same petty, snide personal digs. it's really sad you need a contract to keep a woman around. thank God I'm not so insecure.

please leave me alone now thanks.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
no nerve hit, I've just read enough of your posts to know what kind of person you are. you'd be better off conversing with likes of Dave. same petty, snide personal digs. it's really sad you need a contract to keep a woman around. thank God I'm not so insecure.

please leave me alone now thanks.
This is the Current Affairs Thread.
It can get very nasty in here.
Only the really brave or very foolish post personal info here.

In my case I was just a cardboard thrower , what do I know.

cryssyx3

This is the Current Affairs Thread.
It can get very nasty in here.
Only the really brave or very foolish post personal info here.

In my case I was just a cardboard thrower , what do I know.

yes, you're right and I should have known better. my mistake. but I've seen him talk to other folks the same way, so at least it's not just me. bizarre individual. "let's play a game. answer my question. now now now. answer answer answer!!"

Babagounj

Strength through joy
yes, you're right and I should have known better. my mistake. but I've seen him talk to other folks the same way, so at least it's not just me. bizarre individual. "let's play a game. answer my question. now now now. answer answer answer!!"
Like I said it's nasty place...enter at your own peril.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

unfortunately, I wouldn't be surprised if her husband died soon. obviously not wishing it on him but I know sometimes that's what happens with these old couple's.

There was an elderly couple in my complex who died within 3 days of one another. She passed away first and he died (of a broken heart) shortly thereafter.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
There was an elderly couple in my complex who died within 3 days of one another. She passed away first and he died (of a broken heart) shortly thereafter.
Took my father 4 extra years to die after mother died (married in 1939), the irony was the one sibling to inherit the house passed one month later before the will was probated.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
People may find this strange but that was the way things work back then. As soon as mother announced her engagement, she was fired from her job of being a school teacher ( 1938 ).

rickyb

You’d probably trample on your own mom’s grave, wouldn’t you? We may be the worst country in the world (in your mind) but at least we try to wait til someone’s body is cold and hopefully in the ground, before disrespecting their memory. Sad your parents didn’t teach you any filters or empathy.
you don't know the difference between critique and disrespect.

oldngray

nowhere special
'The Simpsons' showrunner shares Barbara Bush's 1990 letter to Marge Simpson

Untitled.png

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
People may find this strange but that was the way things work back then. As soon as mother announced her engagement, she was fired from her job of being a school teacher ( 1938 ).
My mom was a teacher. She was let go in 1956 when the principal found out she was pregnant.