Bargaining for A/C in Package Cars

UPSER1987

8D37E0FA-178A-44FC-816E-11FAFE18BF4E.jpeg

Take your lunch and breaks and hydrate throughout the day. Can’t get any easier than that.
There’s worse jobs for a helluva lot less money.

imjanedoe

banned slut
View attachment 399274
Take your lunch and breaks and hydrate throughout the day. Can’t get any easier than that.
They talked about lunches in our building. Cannot drive in and have clocked out for lunch 30 min prior. Still have runners taking their lunch in the break room.
All breaks and lunch on road. We aren’t a bonus center anymore so there’s no pickup or performance incentives. They should audit and talk to those that aren’t recording breaks.

UPSER1987

They talked about lunches in our building. Cannot drive in and have clocked out for lunch 30 min prior. Still have runners taking their lunch in the break room.
All breaks and lunch on road. We aren’t a bonus center anymore so there’s no pickup or performance incentives. They should audit and talk to those that aren’t recording breaks.
I couldn’t care less about what other drivers do, and neither should you imo.
The job is easy when you are safe and take care of yourself. People waste so much energy worrying about everybody else. Come in early to complain, stay late to complain…geez lol.

imjanedoe

banned slut
The job is easy when you are safe and take care of yourself. People waste so much energy worrying about everybody else. Come in early to complain, stay late to complain…geez lol.
Ummm it is my business when they’re too new and fall under management pressure to make their numbers look good
I bet you work for free and fix your truck in the morning. Or you work some lazy boy Wally mall route in the air conditioning

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
👍

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Ummm it is my business when they’re too new and fall under management pressure to make their numbers look good
I bet you work for free and fix your truck in the morning. Or you work some lazy boy Wally mall route in the air conditioning
Management

Dewdewbrown

Wrong. If they stick around after this contract, it will be peak only.

Wrong. You do realize the Union actually came up with the idea?

Wrong. UPS just exploited a clause in the contract, like they’re very good at doing.
Damn.. he tore up his whole statement..sentence for sentence lol. I hate it when people ramble on based on their feelings and not facts. I love facts!

FozziesDeliveries

I have wondered about this before. I can't figure out where it is now... but isn't this a breach of DOT regulations. You are supposed to take a 30 minute lunch between the 3rd and 6th hour around here. I have wondered how thorough OSHA combs through records during an audit... it would be obvious if someone stopped outside that window or if they kept delivering/driving while they had a lunch in. You can't deliver now while on lunch like before but you could hide a lunch while driving. *cough* falsification of records *cough cough*

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
What do you mean "other drivers"? You are not a driver. You're a pt sup.

imjanedoe

banned slut
I have wondered about this before. I can't figure out where it is now... but isn't this a breach of DOT regulations. You are supposed to take a 30 minute lunch between the 3rd and 6th hour around here. I have wondered how thorough OSHA combs through records during an audit... it would be obvious if someone stopped outside that window or if they kept delivering/driving while they had a lunch in. You can't deliver now while on lunch like before but you could hide a lunch while driving. *cough* falsification of records *cough cough*
Exactly I’m not trying to snitch on anyone but in the long run all the shortcuts screw us over. I believe they waived the time frame of when to take the lunch as long as we take it. I’m sure ppl show up on a report if they were working during the recorded break. U can put any time of the day at the end. We can still view manifest on lunch and probably del from that and mark them later. I don’t think it beeps anymore if you’re far away from a stop. Management looks the other way until that driver gets hurt or starts filing grievances