Be careful about recording over 70s

brownrodster

Do you scan them seperately at a pick up as well, or do you just scan all of the pkgs, tally and stop complete?

Seperate. ARS, RS, etc... Get scanned seperate under special accounts. Normal pickups go under the daily pickup. Not sure if this is wrong. But makes sense to me and I highly doubt I could get in trouble for it.

For example. A few days ago I picked up a UPS store. I scanned their end of day under unscheduled pickups and typed in the number of pkgs on the end of day as the talley for the pickup. Lets say it was 33. And these were packages that the UPS store created labels for. Then I scanned all the ARS, RS, internet, and other prepaid under special accounts and added their number to that talley. Lets say that was 40. These were packages people just dropped off there with labels already on them. So I picked up 73 packages but 33 went into unscheduled pickup (was helping someone else, thus it was an unscheduled pickup) and the rest were in special accounts.

over9five

Staff member
My Package days are becomming foggy, but I think I used to hit Special Counts, ARS, scan any ARS, RS, or internet, and then add the total to the next scheduled p/u.

robot

Has A Large Member
How hard is it for these numbnuts to just reprogram the software and take that crap out of our diad boards and save everyone some grief??!! Jesus Christ!!!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Here we have yet another simple case to understand, yet, I have read the most redicuous explanations.

Look, this is a simple case of DISHONESTY. The driver recorded over 100 over 70 pound packages in one week. Thats an avg of 20 a day.

What needs to be considered first? Why. This driver obviously knows that using the over 70 code "ADDS" to the planned day time on the "WOR".

If "WOR" shows him with too high of a planned dispatch, then work could be removed and he would have to continue to record "false" over 70 pound packages to maintain a planned day over 9.5.

The action is a "deliberate" action, and thats all it takes to determine dishonesty. Nothing else matters. Its the "intention" thats dishonest.

This isnt a "mistake", a sheeting error that can be explained by some pressing of the wrong buttons. It takes a deliberate action to press the required keys to get to the over 70 screen.

There are many drivers who "think" they can beat the system by manipulating the diad coding. Everyday, there are drivers across this country getting away with various manipulations, howver, at some point someone catches on.

This driver "intended" on accomplishing something improper when he recorded that many packages. If this drivers history shows weeks of this kind of recording, then he's a dead player in arbitration.

He would have to demonstrate in arbitration that the over 70 pound recordings were legitimate in order to beat the dishonesty charge.

With over 100 a week, showing 20 a day would be next to impossible.

In addition, with over 20 a day, the policy of the company is to ask for assistance from a fellow teamster, and I am sure he NEVER called for help with any of them.

Remember, its his "intention" that is in question here. Nothing else matters. If he intended on defrauding the company (planned day) than he's guilty of dishonesty.

Now, he may get his job back thru negotiations, but I wouldnt put money on an arbitration case.

If he was recieving production bonus because of his improper recordings, then the company will tally that up and hold him out until it neutralizes any gains he recieved. For example, if he recieved three months of bonus totaling 5000 dollars, then he would be out two months. One month to make up the 5000, and one month as a penalty.

The real lesson here is for everyone to do the job correctly. Stop trying to re-invent the wheel when it comes to recording packages. We are all over dispatched and tired. Working long hours (12 hours) a day for months can make you want to do whatever you can to cut the load down. But is it worth your career when you get caught?

Obviously, the answer is no.

Stop making excuses for drivers who's actions are clearly dishonest.

There is no reasonable explanation for these recordings.

He will be lucky if the Union can negotiate his return.

:peaceful:

QKRSTKR

So your all telling me if I make a delivery and they have say an ARS empty toner cartridge going back, I'm not suppose to put that in as a unsheduled P/U? I do put it in the ars/prepaid section of the diad. How do you scan it in if you don't put it under unscheduled p/u? I think all the drivers at my center put them in unscheduled p/u.

If I have ARS at a scheduled pu I scan them, put them in under the prepaid, but I also count them in my totals. If you picked up only 1 ars from a scheduled pu and only put it in the spc/count and left total at 0, diad would say totals don't match scanned pkgs.

And I'll just say if this is a hot issue where your at, it certainly isn't were I am cause I think I would have been fired long ago. I've had 4-5 unscheduled pick ups some days. When I use to swing drive and I would get hard copy of the pick up log, there were always unscheduled pick ups on it from other drivers.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
My Package days are becomming foggy, but I think I used to hit Special Counts, ARS, scan any ARS, RS, or internet, and then add the total to the next scheduled p/u.

If it is a scheduled pickup, I select it in edd and scan the normal pickup stuff including internet packages.

Then I stop complete and add the ARS/RS to special counts seperately.

If unscheduled, same thing. put in address, big arrow down, add the reg packages including internet. put in totals, then stop complete, the back to special counts and add the ars/rs

Not saying it is right or wrong but this is how we were trained in the driver boot camp so I am assuming it is right until told otherwise.

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
So your all telling me if I make a delivery and they have say an ARS empty toner cartridge going back, I'm not suppose to put that in as a unsheduled P/U? I do put it in the ars/prepaid section of the diad. How do you scan it in if you don't put it under unscheduled p/u? I think all the drivers at my center put them in unscheduled p/u.

If I have ARS at a scheduled pu I scan them, put them in under the prepaid, but I also count them in my totals. If you picked up only 1 ars from a scheduled pu and only put it in the spc/count and left total at 0, diad would say totals don't match scanned pkgs.

And I'll just say if this is a hot issue where your at, it certainly isn't were I am cause I think I would have been fired long ago. I've had 4-5 unscheduled pick ups some days. When I use to swing drive and I would get hard copy of the pick up log, there were always unscheduled pick ups on it from other drivers.

My center was like yours until a driver was fired for sheeting ars as unscheduled pickup. We were told that if you have a del and at that del they hand you a ars all you do is scan in special count . We were told it was dishonesty to sheet as unscheduled pickup. That was padding your numbers. Granted he was fired for going to a pickup and sheeting every single individual ars as a unscheduled pickup which is was very stupid of him to do and definitely padding the numbers.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

Do not record an ARS as unscheduled pickup. You scan it right at the prepaid screen and put 1 in prepaid field. This is so simple yet everyone does it different.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Obviously, the answer is no.

Stop making excuses for drivers who's actions are clearly dishonest.

There is no reasonable explanation for these recordings.

He will be lucky if the Union can negotiate his return.

:peaceful:
This post could have been this long and said the same thing. I would hate to debate you, oh man of many words.:wink2:

If it is a scheduled pickup, I select it in edd and scan the normal pickup stuff including internet packages.

Then I stop complete and add the ARS/RS to special counts seperately.

If unscheduled, same thing. put in address, big arrow down, add the reg packages including internet. put in totals, then stop complete, the back to special counts and add the ars/rs

Not saying it is right or wrong but this is how we were trained in the driver boot camp so I am assuming it is right until told otherwise.
I never went to driver boot camp. I spoke to my supe today and told him why I scan all of my pkgs. It's so I cover my butt. Even if someone has an end of day I still scan all of the pkgs, so's they know exactly which ones I picked up. I also told him that I scan all ars, rs and whatever other type of s there is, total and then stop complete. He understood where I was coming from.

My other supe said, what if there's 400 pkgs? I said there will be 400 scans. An EOD (end of day) can say 40 pkgs but in reality you may be picking up 32. Scan everything you pick up and you'll never be wrong or accused of anything improper.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
This post could have been this long and said the same thing. I would hate to debate you, oh man of many words.:wink2:

I never went to driver boot camp. I spoke to my supe today and told him why I scan all of my pkgs. It's so I cover my butt. Even if someone has an end of day I still scan all of the pkgs, so's they know exactly which ones I picked up. I also told him that I scan all ars, rs and whatever other type of s there is, total and then stop complete. He understood where I was coming from.

My other supe said, what if there's 400 pkgs? I said there will be 400 scans. An EOD (end of day) can say 40 pkgs but in reality you may be picking up 32. Scan everything you pick up and you'll never be wrong or accused of anything improper.

The question is not whether or not you scan them, but where you scan them. When you scan them into special counts individually, they are also accounted for (you put in the total after you add them) and you can see them seperately in your DIAD and counts as well.

If you already know all of this sorry lol

The reason they are seperate (I believe) is because, for ex:, the shipper you are picking up from is NOT paying UPS for the label- they are paying the shipper they are returning the package to, who paid for the label and the return service. When you add 40 RS packages into a scheduled pickup that had 42 total, you are making it look like you had 42 regular prepaid pkgs or ASDs rather than 2 and 40 RSs.

over9five

Staff member
So your all telling me ...........

I would like to suggest to all our members that you should be doing what your own boss tells you.
Don't be going to work tomorrow and changing the way you do your job because someone on the internet tells you something.

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
I would like to suggest to all our members that you should be doing what your own boss tells you.
Don't be going to work tomorrow and changing the way you do your job because someone on the internet tells you something.

The guy fired for recording over 70s was told by his boss to do it. Of course he denied it.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
That's how I'm gonna do it from now on. At the local level hearing I'll tell'em I was working as instructed by some guy on the internet :wink2:

At the local level hearing you will tell 'em "I was doing it the wrong way even though I knew better, it isnt my fault I had been doing it the wrong way for 3 years with no problem"

and you will be singin' ...GeorgiaBrown on my mind..

helenofcalifornia

In our area, IE is reviewing drivers daily records now from afar. They called in a driver who had 30 over 70's and he had to explain himself. They were legit. Big Brother is watching!