Beat Orion

2BadKneesPlease

Anyone else have the "Beat Orion" sheet in their center? We have to log our miles prior to punching out. If we are over Orion's planned miles we MUST explain why. I've seen some real funny comments on this sheet....

Faceplanted

File harassment. Orion calculates all smart pick ups into the plan. If the smart pick up comes out of the board you save miles right there. It's unfair treatment. Guy on route a could have 3 smart pick ups he doesn't have to go to, saves 10 miles right there. Guy on route b has no smart pick ups and is then screwed.

oldngray

nowhere special
File harassment. Orion calculates all smart pick ups into the plan. If the smart pick up comes out of the board you save miles right there. It's unfair treatment. Guy on route a could have 3 smart pick ups he doesn't have to go to, saves 10 miles right there. Guy on route b has no smart pick ups and is then screwed.

How about the extra miles for on call airs?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Anyone else have the "Beat Orion" sheet in their center? We have to log our miles prior to punching out. If we are over Orion's planned miles we MUST explain why. I've seen some real funny comments on this sheet....
Explain why. Lmao.

I'll tell you what my explanation would be everyday.

"Orion said I should run X number of miles I ran Y number of miles. Y > X. Therefore I ran more miles than Orion said."

El Correcto

god is dead
they gave me a warning letter for Orion compliance:crying:
So now I comply 100%
They won't ask for any input on why at my center. Orion wants residential backs and all sorts of non sense

UPSER110

they gave me a warning letter for Orion compliance:crying:
So now I comply 100%
They won't ask for any input on why at my center. Orion wants residential backs and all sorts of non sense

Eh, thats a tough one... I was getting called into the office for not following orion I was like 65% trace but 15 miles UNDER... I started following it better but there is no way I will follow it 100%.. SAFETY is #1. I will not park on the wrong side of the road or back into driveways etc. Follow it to the best you can and always use SAFETY if it is an issue with management.

El Correcto

god is dead
Eh, thats a tough one... I was getting called into the office for not following orion I was like 65% trace but 15 miles UNDER... I started following it better but there is no way I will follow it 100%.. SAFETY is #1. I will not park on the wrong side of the road or back into driveways etc. Follow it to the best you can and always use SAFETY if it is an issue with management.
I don't back in drive ways I walk them off and run it 100% now, unless I need to break for air I'll usually let them know before leaving building.

Cementups

Box Monkey

The last time I filled in the comments section I wrote "#logistics". My sup wasn't amused.

Overpaid Union Thug

I'm on 9.5 list, I have the protest right in front of me. Turning it in tomorrow when I go to my locals monthly meeting.
Interesting. The only warning letters here were for failing to go to the first stop in ORION. But that ended right before they stopped mentioning ORION. We don't even get the "Your ORION miles are ___" messages in the DIAD anymore.

El Correcto

god is dead
Interesting. The only warning letters here were for failing to go to the first stop in ORION. But that ended right before they stopped mentioning ORION. We don't even get the "Your ORION miles are ___" messages in the DIAD anymore.
I don't even care anymore, I'm just filing everything so they like to get me with anything. If you are writing up for Orion miles you are grasping.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
They are smart enough not to ask us why we didnt follow ORION or why our miles were over. If they ever did require me to provide an explanation...I would write a BOOK. I always wanted to be an author, it would be great if UPS paid me to be one!

clean hairy

Hey Boss!
I beat Orion miles!
You will be getting calls about late airs and missed pickups, but I beat their miles!
Isn't that just grand?
Now, you want I should beat Orion miles, or make service on everything in my truck?