Beat Orion

underworked1

they gave me a warning letter for Orion compliance:crying:
So now I comply 100%
They won't ask for any input on why at my center. Orion wants residential backs and all sorts of non sense
Wow have heard from my BA that only one orion compliance letter has been written. This was 6 months ago but I guess your thr guy

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
The only thing that happens in our center is that the on car will come up to me on the truck and say your Orion numbers sucked yesterday, and I reply well Orion sucks, and that is about it.

35years

Gravy route
Wow, just wow.

Simple solution if they want to play hardball..

Give them 100% compliance except service failures, no working unsafe to make it work.
Don't try to figure it out each day and make corrections, they are trying to force the drivers to fix ORION problems piecemeal... They are lazy, and jerks for issuing letters
Miles will skyrocket.
Over allowed will skyrocket.
Laugh all the way to the bank. And file 9.5s
Remember it was their choice to push it, no guilt.

Last edited:

iruhnman630

Friday I was on a B car, the worst traced route that I run. I've never ran closer than 4 miles over, usually 9 - 11 miles over. So I decided to follow trace as close to 100% as possible.

Friday, dispatch felt the need to tack 25 stops onto the end of my edd, including buisiness, off a neighboring 'A' car.

So the messages began.

Me: (3:05 pm) 'I may need help to finish the A-car buisiness before 5:00).

No response.

Me: (4:10 pm) 'I will have missed commercial off the A car. I am doing what I can to avoid it.'

Center: 'Why did you deliver 40 residential stops before doing that business?'

(It was closer to 70, but who's counting?)

Me: 'ORION'

Center: 'You are ordered to make service on all business.'

Yeah, I don't think they were real happy with me.

El Correcto

god is dead
Wow, just wow.

Give them 100% compliance except service failures, no working unsafe to make it work.
Don't try to figure it out each day and make corrections, they are trying to force the drivers to fix ORION problems piecemeal... They are lazy, and jerks for issuing letters
Miles will skyrocket.
I agree, I used to feel bad for them and would just do the job to the best of my ability ignoring the system run and gun skip lunch. Then they started over dispatching me and giving me screwed up orion traces that were literally impossible having me delivering a 80+ piece bulk stop half way through my day. Now I just run 100% orion to the best of my ability and take a full hour between 1 and 3. No running stops or backing in residentials.

mainebrown

What if you keep beating Orion's miles? Do they give you extra mileage and stops because that route is allowed (x) amount of miles?

johnny_hotdog

The first post indicates there is a sign up sheet to beat Orion Miles?
Who is this guy Orion Miles, and what did he do to deserve a sign up sheet for folks to beat him?
He's this acehole who shows up at my work everyday and tells me how he knows the best way to do my job today. So I listen to him and do what he says and when I get done he tells me I did it wrong and asks me to explain myself. Then I say I did exactly what you said so maybe you are the problem. Then he looks at me like I'm Hitler reincarnated and walks away. Then the next day we repeat the same process. He does this everyday to mulptiple drivers and we are all getting sick of him. Thus the reason for the signup sheet.

Grey

We've had ORION for two years now and nothing happens if you don't follow it by trace. Maybe they will start saying something at year 3.

beefybudds

Wow, just wow.

Miles will skyrocket.
I'm glad to see I'm not alone with this thinking.
Thanks for this post.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Our Center's new thing is checking with an OMS to match our mileage with whatever magical number ORION came up before we clock out. I usually beat it by 3-5 miles, sometimes ten because of how bad the system is set up. If I go over, its because of missorts or missloads. I am making a lot of money thanks to ORION. Its like getting a bonus every payday.

barnyard

KTM rider
The last 3 weeks, I ran 3 different routes (1 per week). 1 week, I followed Orion and everything worked. 1 week I followed it some days, but on days with a lot of air, could not because I would have had late air. Usually only skipped a couple of stops, so not that far off.

Then there was last week. Every day, I had to skip at least 10 stops or have late NDA. If I would have followed Orion, I would have had missed PUs AND late air.

We have had Orion in my center for over 2 years, I can see being off by a little, but not off by as much as last week's route was off. That to me is nothing but management failure.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
The last 3 weeks, I ran 3 different routes (1 per week). 1 week, I followed Orion and everything worked. 1 week I followed it some days, but on days with a lot of air, could not because I would have had late air. Usually only skipped a couple of stops, so not that far off.

Then there was last week. Every day, I had to skip at least 10 stops or have late NDA. If I would have followed Orion, I would have had missed PUs AND late air.

We have had Orion in my center for over 2 years, I can see being off by a little, but not off by as much as last week's route was off. That to me is nothing but management failure.
Why not just WAD. Might be less stressful you seem stressed

barnyard

KTM rider
Why not just WAD. Might be less stressful you seem stressed

I follow Orion until I cannot because of late NDA or missed PUs. If they want me to follow it, I expect to be able to follow it 100% unless I am running a neighborhood in reverse so I am not crossing the street at every stop.

If I am expected to follow it, I want it done right.