Beat Orion

ixtab

I NEVER follow ORION... ORION usually says 34 miles & I run 43. When I was forced to run ORION - 65 miles! My boss investigated my numbers & said I don't use the shortest route to the next stop (backing in residential driveways) i told him to tell me in writing to back into residential areas (sometimes i would go around the same block 3-4 times to follow ORION) of course he refused - so no more ORION for me & no one tells me a darn thing !!

ixtab

ORION:
Optimized
Route
Insurers
Over allowed
Numbers!!!
or...
Original
Route
Intentionally
Optimized
Needlessly...!
Any others guys...?!?

ManInBrown

I'm constantly 12-17 miles over. And my Orion percentage is usually 95-97%
Just proves the #s are BS. Other than breaking trace for NDA, I follow it to a T

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Was asked by my sup to not follow Orion. I said no thanks. I make more money following it. Usually done with work before 6:30pm. No insensitive to not follow it. I love Orion. Never have more than 100 stops

JL 0513

Those sheets were out in my center for the first 6 weeks or so after implementing Orion. Explanations were obvious which is why 100% Orion won't produce the intended results.

-misloads
-ODPU's
-making service on business
-on time air/savers
-and other unplanned things that drivers deal with everyday (called the real world)

Funny we had to explain these things.

clean hairy

The first post indicates there is a sign up sheet to beat Orion Miles?
Who is this guy Orion Miles, and what did he do to deserve a sign up sheet for folks to beat him?

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Scary thing is, my ORION solutions are generally spot on but once in a while they just make me scratch my head. On those days I reject ORION's reality and substitute my own.

barnyard

KTM rider
Scary thing is, my ORION solutions are generally spot on but once in a while they just make me scratch my head.

Sometimes, I suspect someone is rearranging things to see is someone is dumb enough to follow it. I hate to admit it, but it has caught me a time or 2.

JackStraw

Here's something silly. They are only allowed a certain number of time- sensitive stops. I.E. you have a stop that closes at 11 so Orion will have to have you in the area( no doubt it will be around 10:55) so management has to pick and choose which routes/drivers have their solution with this info and the others will have to break off to make service. Head scratching.

barnyard

KTM rider
Head scratching.

This is what happens when the company quits promoting from within. This would not happen if there were more former drivers in management.

It is also a result of center managers not really running their centers. They have to do what IE tells them. A center manager should be able to say, "No" to some of the absurd crap that comes out of regional offices.

JackStraw

I agree. Now everything is about showing up on a report. Don't know if this is everywhere else but here, we have to take our lunches between 12-3. No problem. But, if you put the wrong time in, you can't change it! So you fat finger a punch, you can't change the time, it's a lunch violation and you show up on a report. I've tried to come up with a situation where by being able to change the time on our lunch we can use this to "Get one over on MGT" but I can't. Let's face it, we fart they know about it. Who's gonna do something stupid or dishonest?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
All this talk of beating Orion and following trace and getting warning letters for not following Orion is BS. Has anyone actually taken anything Orion related to panel? Correct me if I'm wrong but Orion and all of it's fallacies are a technological change...for which, under this current contract, we cannot be disciplined for.

If I'm wrong, well at least I learned something new but I would love to hear about any grievances filed regarding Orion. Work as directed only can go so far otherwise, management could always use the "failed to work as directed" defense and at that point anything written and agreed upon in our contract would be null and void.

govols019

You smell that?
Here's something silly. They are only allowed a certain number of time- sensitive stops. I.E. you have a stop that closes at 11 so Orion will have to have you in the area( no doubt it will be around 10:55) so management has to pick and choose which routes/drivers have their solution with this info and the others will have to break off to make service. Head scratching.

I agree....they pay for a system and then hamstring operations during implementation.