Becoming a better UPS employee

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Ill Bag You,

Keep the work ethic that you have today, communicate effectively between your co workers and management and you will continue to grow at UPS.

Experience in your job will enhance your job performance. Follow the methods and work safely. If there are other postions available in your job classification, ask your sup for some cross training in other jobs on your shift. It may give you an opportunity to do something different and cover for absences.

One last thought, manage your love/hate relationship with UPS effectively. Stand up for yourself when you know you are right, and accept any constructive criticism you may receive. That in itself says a lot about a person.

interesting thought coming from a management person, actually kinda of refreshing. Much better than the "shut up and work as direct", type of talk that really has no purpose or need in this company.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Typical mgt............Don't worry about it, work safe and if you are a little slow at first at least you are doing it right!!!!!!!!!! You will go faster with time.

please, there's a reason mgt doesnt stand in the trailer anymore with a stopwatch(anyone remember that?) timing you on mar. Work slow down, come on. Its typical ups, very true, you know everybody does the job the same speed, everybody has the same energy level, same wellness level, same emotional level, come on...theres no reason the 55 year old unloader has any excuse to go slower than the 19 year ex highschool track star...yeah, its the old ups labor relations machine rolling down the track, and they want to know why employee relations is so bad at times.

tieguy

Banned
[/size]

interesting thought coming from a management person, actually kinda of refreshing. Much better than the "shut up and work as direct", type of talk that really has no purpose or need in this company.

shut up has its place too. some are not used to the rugged lifestyle of being a upser and need one of those shut up and work as directed talks. I've had quite a few folks in the ranks that were willing to make the point when I was not.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
shut up has its place too. some are not used to the rugged lifestyle of being a upser and need one of those shut up and work as directed talks. I've had quite a few folks in the ranks that were willing to make the point when I was not.

You are almost at 6000 posts...how many years have you been on here?

Mike Hawk

What I do outside of work has just as much effect on my load quality as what I do at work. If I don't get at least 5 hours of sleep/eat before I come in to work my load quality suffers and sometimes I will get misloads out of it too.