Becoming a feeder driver....

hoser

Industrial Slob
Hoser my little friend,there is a certain process involved that makes it easier to decide,and it involves the teamsters.
Oh yeah.... that...

It wouldn't be smart for the company to hire feeder drivers from the outside.
The injuries would go through the roof in package if most of the drivers did it till retirement.
Good point.

..and if one has the ability, determination, and persistance coupled with patience. The statistics show that one can obtain a feeder driving position directly from package, part time or off the street. It's just a matter of being in the right place at the right time...well that and demand for the position. Of course the same can be said about playing in pro sports.
best reply on here. the best way to put it.

come to hodgens il the cchil building they have been hireing off the street for years in the last 10 years know one from package car has come in to feeder road driver not many from package want to come over to feeder city or road
Man,I don`t know what your talking about. The 705 board has gone from 298 to 400 in the last 18 months and all of those guys have come from package. As a matter of fact I came down from Addison in 96 and every driver since then has been feeder transfer or package promotion. On the 710 side there has been a few "street" hires but those guys were seasonal hires that were brought back.

we would love to because you are already trained but we have to bid the job which means someone with more seniority but less experience driving a tractor trailer may take the job.

I have stopped in and talked to the HR for the West Carolina district here in NC and left all my info for him to call if something comes up. I understand the jobs have to be posted and if no one takes it then they can hire from the street I also understand how hard it is to get a job driving with UPS but it is the only company I am interested in driving for. I have sent a few emails to the HR but still no openings. I do not want to hassle the HR with phone calls or emails any advice on how to get hired if a outside opening comes up?
Thank You
Jack

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Man,I don`t know what your talking about. The 705 board has gone from 298 to 400 in the last 18 months and all of those guys have come from package. As a matter of fact I came down from Addison in 96 and every driver since then has been feeder transfer or package promotion. On the 710 side there has been a few "street" hires but those guys were seasonal hires that were brought back.
Then why does upsjobs.com still list feeder jobs @ CACH (for off the street hires), or is the site not current? Or do they intend to use the 6 to 1 ratio? If the site is kept current, I'd recommend Whiteturbo monitor it. Also, what are the 710 jobs? There's a 710 board in my bldg by feeder office, but it's even more out of date than most of our 705 boards (not seniority boards, I don't even know where they are).

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
:blush: Oh wait, it looks like they're accepting applications only, not hiring @ CACH. Still curious about 710 work, though.:confused:1