Been fired ! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

broncobros1

You guys don't get it. MY JOB was Done ! Truck unloaded. In the depot ! All I had left to do, was complete my outstanding lunchbreak ! and then go home.
Even though your lunch is your time, you are still under the umbrella of being on the clock. If you had happened to run someone over on the way back to the building to punch out, UPS would have got sued.

klein

Für Meno :)
No they proved it, taking that restaurant apart.. asking bartender the following day, etc. I don't know if they could have been sued over it or not. Since most of us worked form 8am- till the cutoff time 7pm, and no time for lunches... even if we were done in time, they would send us to help others out in thier routes.
I admit, it was a big mistake, and I'm no longer trying to fight it. Just thought that was being kinda really picky.
And yes, was only 1 beer. (manager walked in on me, like 3 minutes after I have gotten there - some other UPS worker, ratted on me, that I was heading there).

UPS Lifer

No they proved it, taking that restaurant apart.. asking bartender the following day, etc. I don't know if they could have been sued over it or not. Since most of us worked form 8am- till the cutoff time 7pm, and no time for lunches... even if we were done in time, they would send us to help others out in thier routes.
I admit, it was a big mistake, and I'm no longer trying to fight it. Just thought that was being kinda really picky.
And yes, was only 1 beer. (manager walked in on me, like 3 minutes after I have gotten there - some other UPS worker, ratted on me, that I was heading there).

If I had to guess... I would say you were getting your drink on every time you post. Your posts are actually entertaining!

Next job you get, let me know and I will fly up to Canada to help you celebrate. In fact, I will treat you to an expensive lunch and a beer ...in fact, make it two beers, and we can invite your new boss along! It will be a great day!

:beerhat:

NEFARIOUS

BOTTOM FEEDER
I love how you blame UPS you blame other workers who "ratted you out" but not yourself. You were the one who made the bad decision of having a beer on the clock. As many have said it was also your choice to not take your lunch on route....Good luck with future jobs I hope you learn from this and make better calls in life....

rwsmith67

If I had to guess... I would say you were getting your drink on every time you post. Your posts are actually entertaining!

Next job you get, let me know and I will fly up to Canada to help you celebrate. In fact, I will treat you to an expensive lunch and a beer ...in fact, make it two beers, and we can invite your new boss along! It will be a great day!

:beerhat:

tieguy

Banned
Is this the first and only time you have drunk while working or were there other times?

You seem a little too nonchalant about such a serious infraction.

hope I didn't feed the trolls here. can't call out any troll alerts here anymore without getting attacked by the pro troll contingent.

klein

Next job won't be for a while. Taking a break. But. I'll be in Florida in Decmber, have a timeshare there... something I couldn't have used being empoyed with UPS (December is deadlocked for vacation).
So, it's all for the good ! :)
I'll take you up on that beer... and lunch... your more then welcome,,, will even supply your stay here (since I have a 3 bedroom house with 3 bathrooms and 1600 sq. footage.

over9five

Staff member
Klein, you seem to be taking it quite well. I will be meeting you and Lifer for that beer. I'll bring some Sam Adams. We'll park outside the UPS place and flip off your old boss when he drives by! No, we'll toast him with our beer!

Good luck!

klein

No, I have never drank during my run, ever !
But, yes, I have 3 times before, after work at the same place. (and yes, I'm honest, for my very last break, in my own private vehicle.
Didn't think nothing was wrong with that. Having a dinner or pizza and beer after work.
But I was wrong, they are right, it's still company time.

klein

That sounds like a nice plan... have a little outside BBQ and beer... almost infront of the UPS depot (not on thier property ofcourse), but I'll ask the company next door (their property). C'mon over, got 3 bedrooms, and 2 sofas....LOL
We just can't go to the Bosten Pizza, since UPS has successfully barred me out of there ! Pisses me off more, then being fired ! Now they even haunt me after I was dismissed !
But thats ok, they have franschise thruput the city and Canada... it's not the only one..:)

Cheers ! :)

klein

I don't care if you call me stupid. You can think whatever you may wanna think.
But, atelast I made something of myself, got a 5yr old home , totally paid off. Drive a nice newer vehichle. I worked hard in my life, and invested wisley.
Actually, I might just take this oportunity to semi retire.
I have no plans to look for work, until I visit my Florida Timeshare in December, anyways.
One single "stupid little decision" I made...won't hurt me much. I know I'll make up for it .
Besides, I think calling someone stupid, is a huge offence, unless you wanna compete with Obama. Now, that was stupid !
If he was just a govenor or senator, not the president, he may have been fired.

And you americans wonder, why your disliked almost everywhere on this planet.. and go undercover as Canadians at times.
Shame on you.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
.. and go undercover as Canadians at times.
.[/QUOTE]

I would NEVER go that low.
Come over to York Beach Maine some summer, your nice countrymen can be seen walking around in their speedos and their giant beer bellies.

klein

check out websites, for US citizens travelling abroad... you'll see links for Canada gear, etc... to make you safer abroad.
I shouldn't get into the giant beer belly thing. But you probably already do know, that Americans are the fattest on earth. Probably Canadians not far behind. Mostly women here though. I'm a slim 150lb guy, myself.
It's all the junkfood you amercans have given us (burger King, Mac Donalds, A&W, KFC, etc)..

Babagounj

Strength through joy
And here I thought you Canadians were copying the polar bears, spending the warm months fattening yourself against those cold winter months.

City Driver

I don't care if you call me stupid. You can think whatever you may wanna think.
But, atelast I made something of myself, got a 5yr old home , totally paid off. Drive a nice newer vehichle. I worked hard in my life, and invested wisley.
Actually, I might just take this oportunity to semi retire.
I have no plans to look for work, until I visit my Florida Timeshare in December, anyways.
One single "stupid little decision" I made...won't hurt me much. I know I'll make up for it .
Besides, I think calling someone stupid, is a huge offence, unless you wanna compete with Obama. Now, that was stupid !
If he was just a govenor or senator, not the president, he may have been fired.

And you americans wonder, why your disliked almost everywhere on this planet.. and go undercover as Canadians at times.
Shame on you.

well somebody got a little off topic

Status
Not open for further replies.