Been having a supervisor problem lately

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
Keep in mind also if it just a part time supervisor they have no control over your job, or whether they can fire you lol. I’m assuming you’re pass your probation. Don’t let these guys bully you.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I have found the the workers who act like they're crazy are usually left alone by the sups.
They always move on to an easier target.
Try singing loudly.

Mdet

Hey I am a union steward in my building and don’t take that at all I would nail them for harassment on article 37 and then I would file on that day. I would write down in my phone on what happen and if he continues then I would file again on him.

Mdet

I have four and for some reason one of them just absolutely hates me. I'm a package handler and I do try my best everyday but apparently that's not good enough and my supervisor tells me I should quit. I talked to my Union steward again for the second time the problem was handled for about a week and then just decides to be an a****** again. He said we can either go into the office and find out what his problem is and maybe "understand" each other or just ignore everything he says because production and performance is not recognized by the Union. Just don't hit anybody or steal lol

I know I really shouldn't give a smile* what my supervisors think of me because my coworkers sure don't but that's hard. Is this just ups or did I get unlucky?
Hi I would if I were u is to talk to the other union steward if he doesn’t help go to a driver union steward and talk to them sometimes that helps too.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Keep in mind also if it just a part time supervisor they have no control over your job, or whether they can fire you lol. I’m assuming you’re pass your probation. Don’t let these guys bully you.

I remember a package car driver who acted like a psycho killer when on the clock..kept to himself, spoke to no one.. had that look in his eyes 👀..I finally was able to talk to him on the picket line in “97”..turned out he had a masters degree in psychology...

He got it...👍

Box Ox

I have four and for some reason one of them just absolutely hates me. I'm a package handler and I do try my best everyday but apparently that's not good enough and my supervisor tells me I should quit. I talked to my Union steward again for the second time the problem was handled for about a week and then just decides to be an a****** again. He said we can either go into the office and find out what his problem is and maybe "understand" each other or just ignore everything he says because production and performance is not recognized by the Union. Just don't hit anybody or steal lol

I know I really shouldn't give a smile* what my supervisors think of me because my coworkers sure don't but that's hard. Is this just ups or did I get unlucky?

Supervisors are only a problem if you play the game the way they think they can fool you into playing it. Jumping when they say jump, caring about what they say, etc. You're a Teamster. He's just a Company man. He's gotta play by the rules the Company agreed to in the Contract. Bury that little :censored2:er in grievances and get a paper trail started on him that you can point to if he keeps it up. You're not going to work faster. You're going to work according to your own abilities and even more importantly, you're going to work safely.

The #1 thing you can ask a whining supervisor on the belt to make them GTFO is whether they're trying to make you work unsafely. That's a line you draw. Not them. And 99% of the time they won't cross it because the consequences of doing so can be grave for them.

Guarantee you the supervisor will move on to bothering a softer target to try and goose his numbers once he knows you know your rights and won't put up with his :censored2:.

possibleparrot381

Hi I would if I were u is to talk to the other union steward if he doesn’t help go to a driver union steward and talk to them sometimes that helps too.
I got my grievance form today and I will hand it to my other Steward tomorrow. I had also called the UPS ethics hotline yesterday and a human resource person got back to me today said they will handle it. I'm going to file anyway because I really want this guy to know I'm tired of being friend with

El Correcto

god is dead

I’ve been screamed at and told to quit my job by a manger. It’s one of my favorite ups stories now, I get a couple chuckles out of it when I tell it.
You should try to start chuckling about this now and quit stressing it. You are basically bulletproof as a part timer, there isn’t a lot to :censored2: up bud.

Be a safe professional and show management you expect the same out of them through the grievance process.
Article 37 also states that, “The Employer shall not in any way intimidate, harass, coerce or overly supervise any employee” and that UPS will give “due consideration to the age and physical condition of the employee.”
Fpbp
File one of these on your own time and let it go don’t hold a petty grudge, be a professional.

Last edited:

Whereistheunion

Never paid any attention to my part time supervisor. Act like they don't exist worked for me for 16 part time years.

Dr.Brownz

File harassment grievance every single time

Dr.Brownz

I didn't feel right about going around my steward but I'm waiting for a call back from my local teamsters. He said filing for harassment won't work which of course my ignorant ass believed him. Said that involves lawyers. I'm not sueing anybody I just want it to stop I don't think it's that complicated. I did file a case with ups ethics though because clearly talking to his boss didn't work.

BULL:censored2:! TELL YOUR STEWARD TO FILE THIS GRIEVANCE OR YOU WILL CALL THE BUSINESS AGENT AND IF HE WONT ACT YOU WILL CALL THE NATIONAL LABOR RELATIONS BOARD, AND THEN YOU WILL NEED LAWYERS MAKE THEM THINK YOU WILL GO TO NO END TO :censored2: WITH THEM. YOUR STEWARD SOUNDS CORRUPT, TRYING TO SUPPRESS GRIEVANCES FOR MANAGEMENT

allahuakbar

She/Her
Google him. Find out where and who he lives with. Go in the office with him and your steward. Let him know you know that information. Worst case you get fired and you’ll have to go to his house and punch his kid.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
he know's it bothering you so he keeps it up.

show that you dont care and he'll give up.

he'll probably be center manager someday. they only promote the :censored2:s.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
He said we can either go into the office and find out what his problem is
Tell him scanning every package is unnecessary and the scanning equipment he gave you is at fault. Tell him he makes up the rules not you...every package must be scanned before loading it apparently (waste of time)
✊🧔

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Tell him scanning every package is unnecessary and the scanning equipment he gave you is at fault. Tell him he makes up the rules not you...every package must be scanned before loading it apparently (waste of time)
✊🧔
My loader got the first scanning injury that I know of awhile back. developed an open wound on a knuckle from repetitive scanning friction.. it Got infected, was out for 2 weeks.. not joking lol
🤕 ✊🏾
... so in conclusion, friend these scanners

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
My loader got the first scanning injury that I know of awhile back. developed an open wound on a knuckle from repetitive scanning friction.. it Got infected, was out for 2 weeks.. not joking lol
🤕 ✊🏾
... so in conclusion, friend these scanners

I actually used to get sores from that thing too. I tried putting it on my hand a different way and my supe told me I wasn’t allowed to 😂

M

MenInBrown

Wtf. Do they not ever leave that building? Kick their ass outside of work and it will change.