Behavioral Health Coverage

MassWineGuy

My district HR person told me that there is no behavioral health coverage other than EAP. Has anyone actually seen a psychologist and had it covered by United?

I asked the HR rep if Fred S uses the same health coverage. Didn’t answer.

Star B

White Lightening
2021 enrollment guide, page 5/6.

We need to make an introduction! There’s a new medical plan administrator — UnitedHealthcare. We provide affordable health care options that offer both robust, and high performing, medical networks. As part of this process, starting in 2021 the medical plan administrator for most current Anthem members will change to UnitedHealthcare (UHC). These UHC members will also receive their mental health/substance use benefits through UHC instead of Cigna Behavioral. Most Cigna members will have no changes in their medical or behavioral and mental health/substance use administrator.

Mine has been covered.

Last edited:

Indecisi0n

Ok. So I’m not ashamed to admit that there have been times when I’ve needed a therapist. Some things are going on now where I need some help. So I called the EAP program for some names for the eight free sessions.

The rep told me that this was all the mental health coverage (oops, I mean behavioral health) we have. I called Cigna and they confirmed that they offer no mental health benefits to FedEx employees. I know that United Health Care offers none. What happens after eight sessions? Jump out a window? It’s totally disgusting.

Does anyone know something different? My immediate feeling was to quit and work for Starbucks. I’ve heard they have good benefits.
Their caramel Frappuccino are amazing.

vantexan

I heard your last thersapist committed suicide after your 1st visit.
How is sleeping in your car and living broke working out for you these days?
I'm in Mexico socking away money. Eat out every day, see movies in English, mild weather with lots of sunshine. I know that doesn't compare to getting neck cricks watching NASCAR races but it's a living.

Stat41

My therapist asked me "Whats the problem?" I told him, "Doc, no one likes me." He said "Thats impossible, everyone hasn't met you yet!" (Stole this one from Mr. Dangerfield)

Stat41

The other day I went to my therapist. I told him "Doc, I'm having suicidal thoughts." He replied "From now on, pay me in advance!" Thanks Falcon for giving me an opportunity for some grins.

falcon back

The other day I went to my therapist. I told him "Doc, I'm having suicidal thoughts." He replied "From now on, pay me in advance!" Thanks Falcon for giving me an opportunity for some grins.
My Psychiatrist told me I was crazy. I told him I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.