Local 340

bacha29

You people might want to take a look at the You Tube story the AFL-CIO posted regarding the picket lines 340 set up in Maine at the end of last week. Granted, it was a so called " practice" picket . What it does do however is prove that the news report I called your attention was not entirely untrue.

What made me laugh was the interview they had with one brown shirt who was crying about how hard they had it. How hard he has it may have something to do with the fact that he's been there 37 freaking years!

While I am pro union what I found equally amusing was their crying for public support for them. In today's "what have you done for me lately" world
the public wants to know what you have to offer in return? Other carriers can get somebody to do the job for half the wages and zero benefits. The pay Ground contractors are offering today is the same pay they offered a decade ago. Might not get as many as they need but they'll get some. Not to mention the number of people willing to haul out of their cars. You can't stop all the unmarked private automobiles that might be out there hauling boxes. And the first time you stop an assault one of them you're union will be facing a public outrage the likes of which has never been seen before.

And in doing the Teamsters will have lost it's ability to set the market for gear punchers and box oxen.

Better hope that cooler and more visionary heads prevail.

What?
ck5JRWob7folZ7d97I.gif

Thebrownblob

You people might want to take a look at the You Tube story the AFL-CIO posted regarding the picket lines 340 set up in Maine at the end of last week. Granted, it was a so called " practice" picket . What it does do however is prove that the news report I called your attention was not entirely untrue.

What made me laugh was the interview they had with one brown shirt who was crying about how hard they had it. How hard he has it may have something to do with the fact that he's been there 37 freaking years!

While I am pro union what I found equally amusing was their crying for public support for them. In today's "what have you done for me lately" world
the public wants to know what you have to offer in return? Other carriers can get somebody to do the job for half the wages and zero benefits. The pay Ground contractors are offering today is the same pay they offered a decade ago. Might not get as many as they need but they'll get some. Not to mention the number of people willing to haul out of their cars. You can't stop all the unmarked private automobiles that might be out there hauling boxes. And the first time you stop an assault one of them you're union will be facing a public outrage the likes of which has never been seen before.

And in doing the Teamsters will have lost it's ability to set the market for gear punchers and box oxen.

Omg
You’re a buffoon

257139752_888777948492646_5033475577457385003_n.jpg

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone

didnt-read-lol-chicken-gif.gif

Mutineer

Not to mention the number of people willing to haul out of their cars. You can't stop all the unmarked private automobiles that might be out there hauling boxes. And the first time you stop an assault one of them you're union will be facing a public outrage the likes of which has never been seen before.

Yup. And if it's a pet-protected class of citizen being assaulted, the news media will be on it like ducks on a june-bug.

...like alligators on a live chicken.

...like curls on a whore.

bacha29

No, we’re doing it all over the nation Dingaling.
Despite all the huffing and puffing and saber rattling your president might make come Wednesday morning he'll pick up the offer and walk out of the room with his tail between his legs and humbly ask you to vote yes on it.

In the end it is still a public relations war. He knows it and maintaining a favorable public standing is the reason he will ask you to ratify it.

Thebrownblob

Despite all the huffing and puffing and saber rattling your president might make come Wednesday morning he'll pick up the offer and walk out of the room with his tail between his legs and humbly ask you to vote yes on it.

In the end it is still a public relations war. He knows it and maintaining a favorable public standing is the reason he will ask you to ratify it.
1688426954238.gif

giphy (14).gif

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

Do you and MFE have a contest over who can out-fictionalize J.K.Rowling or something???

bacha29

The American people will want to know what makes you people think that you're so much more valuable when you're out on the picket but they're still getting their boxes and it's delivered by a guy making half the wages or less and zero benefits ? Doing exactly the same job you did , doing it every bit as well as you did making just as many stops in a day as you did if not more and quite satisfied do it for a much lower pay.

You don't exactly have to be here on a Fulbright to pick up a box here and haul it over there.

The American people will want to know what makes you people think that you're so much more valuable when you're out on the picket but they're still getting their boxes and it's delivered by a guy making half the wages or less and zero benefits ? Doing exactly the same job you did , doing it every bit as well as you did making just as many stops in a day as you did if not more and quite satisfied do it for a much lower pay.

You don't exactly have to be here on a Fulbright to pick up a box here and haul it over there.
1hBU4zfRiBBpY5nT1M.gif

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Watch the video.

Watch the video.

If you work for UPS chances are you can't read. But then again it's a video. You don't have to know how to read.

1375480763746.gif

Thebrownblob

You wouldn’t have a clue what the American people want😂

qj5r8eQ.gif