Being accused of hitting a dog- On Topic

rod

Retired 22 years
Well I went into the office after the pcm today with Stewart and my supervisor to go over everything and re tell my story. I was really hoping to see the telematics to help show exactly what happened but 3 cars telematics didn't work yesterday and mine was one of them. This is one time I actually wish I had telematics on my car!!! But both Stewart and my supervisor agreed that this is a bull:censored2: complaint.
:/

The word you are looking for is steward---not Stewart

El Correcto

god is dead
I never deliver to house with out of control dogs. Beep the horn shake the fence and holler ups. If it's a baby chihuahua or something I'll walk the stop off but any knee high dogs that could nip me, sorry no.

DOK

Or you could follow the methods. You attempt to walk the driveway. If there is a dog present then you put note on the box and leave (NI1). Drivers make things so complicated.

Give me 8.25 hours of work everyday and I'll gladly walk off those 300 yard driveways. Until that happens my package car gets as close to the delivery point as possible.

Rack em

Made the Podium
The word you are looking for is steward---not Stewart
I was the previous PT shop steward lol. I was being a smart ass because of all the rookies who post on here and say "stewart"

I never deliver to house with out of control dogs. Beep the horn shake the fence and holler ups. If it's a baby chihuahua or something I'll walk the stop off but any knee high dogs that could nip me, sorry no.
I have delivered to this address maybe 10 times before with no problems. This was a new dog I have never seen at this stop.

By The Book

After this I won't even do that. If I know dogs are gonna run anywhere near my PC I am gonna NI1 etc. it.
It may be a long shot but if the homeowner heard the dog Yelp at 11:30 and pulled the note off the door, I'm almost thinking another delivery company was there. Hopefully no one had your air today.

Indecisi0n

Give me 8.25 hours of work everyday and I'll gladly walk off those 300 yard driveways. Until that happens my package car gets as close to the delivery point as possible.
Oh so what your saying is because their numbers are screwed up you'd rather risk not only your safety but also your job by not following methods. Makes perfect sense.

After this I won't even do that. If I know dogs are gonna run anywhere near my PC I am gonna NI1 etc. it.
90% of country routes have dogs running up to the car. Some want to race, some bite the tires, some want to eat you for lunch, but most just want their treat.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
90% of country routes have dogs running up to the car. Some want to race, some bite the tires, some want to eat you for lunch, but most just want their treat.
Policy is not to feed them, but I have my box everyday ready for them.
Makes delivering those houses easy and it is all they want.

Unfortunately, if UPS gave every route dog biscuits, you'd have stupid drivers mauled because they can't differentiate a friendly or bad dog.
Would make them culpable, so I understand why they say what they say.

Policy is not to feed them, but I have my box everyday ready for them.
Makes delivering those houses easy and it is all they want.

Unfortunately, if UPS gave every route dog biscuits, you'd have stupid drivers mauled because they can't differentiate a friendly or bad dog.
Would make them culpable, so I understand why they say what they say.
Glad u said that because I know they say not to give biscuits.
4 years ago ran a peak golf cart route. No where to get away! Had a few big dogs growling down my neck. Tried to remember everything from " The Dog Whisperer"!

Overpaid Union Thug

Giving every dog that approaches us a treat increases the chance that a dog will get run over by a UPS truck. Back when I was unassigned I could always tell which bid drivers did that. I'd have a dog, or a pack of them, running right at my wheels as soon as they recognize the truck.

I used to give treats to the aggressive dogs only. I got tired of wasting my money. Now I just won't get out of the truck unless I'm pretty positive I'm safe. If they sneak up on me after I'm outta the truck, or if the owner let's them out, I am always prepared to swing my leg or DIAD at them. I also have a can of compressed air that freaks dogs out when set off. It's in the truck above the passenger door frame. Bought it at PetCo. It comes in handy when I have one of those stops that I definitely don't want becoming a "send again" and ending up on the truck again the next day. Since it's sparingly used it's cheaper than buying dog treats. I'm still on my first can and I bought it a couple of years ago.

By The Book

I was guilty of giving dog treats also. I liked to keep a distance between the growlers and myself. I do see how it would also draw dogs to the truck as well, but I haven't seen a dog yet stay where they were when the UPS truck rolled up.

DOK

Oh so what your saying is because their numbers are screwed up you'd rather risk not only your safety but also your job by not following methods. Makes perfect sense.

In this example the driveway is over a quarter mile round trip, no one should or would walk it off. Not to mention the dogs at the residence.

Indecisi0n

In this example the driveway is over a quarter mile round trip, no one should or would walk it off. Not to mention the dogs at the residence.

I would.

We get in trouble for hitting things in driveways. We do not get in trouble for times. Its a no brainer. If I am directed to drive into a driveway so be it then its no longer my problem.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Imho unless you have realistic people in management, they will charge you. Hope they dont.
I got charged, lost what would have been Circle of Honor, in feb 2017, and i positively know i didnt hit the dog.
It depends where, and who you work for, and if mgmt likes you or they dont.
I wish you the best, fight like hell