Being forced from preload to unload temporarily?

watdaflock?

Thought this question could be considered a union issue as for seniority related or possible grievance.

Apparently our unload area is in dire need of more people. I've been on preload with a set amount of cars for about three years. Theirs a handful of new hires with less seniority than me. Do I have any options not to be put in unload, other than being a completely mediocre or horrible worker on purpose?

Thought this question could be considered a union issue as for seniority related or possible grievance.

Apparently our unload area is in dire need of more people. I've been on preload with a set amount of cars for about three years. Theirs a handful of new hires with less seniority than me. Do I have any options not to be put in unload, other than being a completely mediocre or horrible worker on purpose?
So what is terrible about the unload? Less hours maybe but a whole lot less accountability. And you can use your seniority to make up for lost hours. Let the new guys crash and burn and you will be back loading fairly soon if that is what you want. Just remember after Dec 25 most of the new guys will be gone. Do your best and just let it ride as long as you are not shorted your hours.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

If you are being dropped from preload back to unload, you must not be very good at preload.

Hope this helps.

Ask your drivers to go to bat for you. No way in hell would I want to lose an experienced loader going in to Peak. Any maroon can unload packages.
I am facing the same issue again this Peak. Drive with delivery and pick ups or work doubles bagging smalls in the Hub? Center Manager told me I had to drive and just accept the cut in pay. This year I am going to fight him.

YeeYee

I would be asking if they're using s different pay code for you. In our center loading trucks is consider a skilled position and unloading unskilled which results in a dollar less an hour.

jaker

trolling
Being forced you are not supposed to lose pay and what's wrong with unload go in do the job and go home

Like someone said no responsibly at the worst time to be working at ups

I rather unload then load a driver truck at Christmas

rod

Retired 22 years
I swear you were posting on Brown Café just a year or so ago how UPS couldn't do any wrong. In fact at the time I thought you were in management. ---------------------------(They all come around to being a disgruntled employee eventually).

YeeYee

They can put you wherever they want to on preload honestly since "there's no seniority on the belt." When it comes to you coding you out differently, resulting in a pay decrease that's when it becomes an issue. Ask your preload sup what they're coding you out as.

watdaflock?

I swear you were posting on Brown Café just a year or so ago how UPS couldn't do any wrong.
Link?

Not saying UPS is wrong here, either. Just because I don't want to unload, it doesn't mean UPS is wrong. I'd rather preload my normal set, that's all. Unload also is a buck less a hour.

watdaflock?

Were you actually told that or have a blanked out pay stub as proof?
Are you referring to the pay difference?
I would be asking if they're using s different pay code for you. In our center loading trucks is consider a skilled position and unloading unskilled which results in a dollar less an hour.
My understanding also. Loading is considered skilled and is a buck a hour more pay.

DOK

So what is terrible about the unload? Less hours maybe but a whole lot less accountability. And you can use your seniority to make up for lost hours. Let the new guys crash and burn and you will be back loading fairly soon if that is what you want. Just remember after Dec 25 most of the new guys will be gone. Do your best and just let it ride as long as you are not shorted your hours.

Bet his drivers aren't happy losing their preloader of 3 years.