being forced to do "skilled" work without raise?...

blue efficacy

Around here once you pass a sort test and demonstrate you can do the job, the dollar is yours for life. I've known people who have gone back to unload and never lost their buck.

T

Thresher_V

I'm a clerk at a facility in southern IL and I'm frequently called out to split the belt. I've heard different things, but was unsure if either of those were skilled or not. I know I don't make the skilled pay, only $9 an hour and I've been permanent since January. What's a discreet way to find out about the contract?

Sorry if I'm asking any "duh" questions, still new to this.

LKLND3380

I'm a clerk at a facility in southern IL and I'm frequently called out to split the belt. I've heard different things, but was unsure if either of those were skilled or not. I know I don't make the skilled pay, only $9 an hour and I've been permanent since January. What's a discreet way to find out about the contract?

Sorry if I'm asking any "duh" questions, still new to this.

If you are in the union then you should have a copy of the contract... Contact your local and they can send you a copy plus answer any questions about your pay rate...

Your dues should be based on your hourly rate... The union will make sure you are making as much as possible... Explain your situation...