being observed on the route

so on Wednesday we where running the route and i was learning alot the driver that i was with was excellent in his knowledge of everything that ups requires of there drivers. all was good for the first 6 hours then we spotted the observer. he continued operating in a professional manner but i could tell he was really freaked out and was pretty nervous. i said to him "wouldn't it be easier to just walk over to the car that is 50 feet from us and ask that manager if they need something"? the manager followed us for about an hour but i figure if they know that we know their there they go somewhere else. has this happened to you or has anyone just went over and ask what they needed? ......lol ,,,,,,,( i understand they are watching to have write ups on you) i would think that if they keep getting caught they eventually run out of spy cars to sneak around in.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I let them follow me and think they are all stealthy then the next day ask if all was well cause I noticed they followed me for awhile.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Just another one of the mind games these idiots play with ya. They play this gayazz game with everybody. Once again they like to play like a bunch of little biatches n in their little soap opera world they got going on and get off on it. They act like this is so important, but they don't bother with the 1 biggest problem, the big piece of poop operation they cant ever get right. The biggest problem I guess, is somehow magically its going to work itself out, I guess that's what they think. HELLO JERKNUTTS THE PROBLEMS NOT GOING TO WORK ITSELF OUT ALL BY ITSELF. Comedy show 24-7 up in that piece lol.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
If you are working by the methods who cares if they observe you?
if you want to have some fun call the police and givea description of the supervisor as well as the car they are driving and tell them you are being followed. They will do DR audits but very very little on area observations now because of us

she thought she was stealthy till she screwed up and went past us because she didn't relise that the trip required us to come back down a street we just went up and then she all but drove into the rear of the PC because the street is supper narrow and the traffic was coming towards her and she had to dive in behind us as we where delivering to 2 houses. lol

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I waived to my center manager yesterday as he was trying to hide in his car by an intersection, pretty funny. I saw him way up the road as I was coming to the light at the intersection. I was thinking to myself, look at this idiot jeknuttz trying to play sniper up here n shiznitt, knowing I already saw his bitchazz before he even saw me lol. One of the good side effects of being super adhd, your usually 2 steps ahead of everybody and your ability to see what a lot of normal people wouldn't see because of your heightened visual awareness all the time. Yup I said it adhd, ah man whatever it is what it is, kinda like being a drunk I guess, is what it is ese lol.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Start having a conversation with yourself about how much you hate said observer following you, occasionally giving them the "crazy eye". If you're lucky they'll ask you to take a drug test which is an easy 8 hrs.

O

OLDMAN3

I have called the cops on them. Then I text the center with the licence number and inform them that the cops are on the way to catch the package stealers. I have also been known to get them to follow me out into an intersection in the left turn lane, then make my turn just in time to leave them stranded in the middle of the intersection when the light turns red. Also accelerating hard on gravel with them in tow is a good time. They don't follow me much anymore:bigsmile2:

bubba

I remember a time I also was being observed. I did a stop at a mcdonalds. I figured mite as we'll take hour lunch. Middle of summer,very hot like today. As I come out there is a sup drenched. He had waited for me the whole time. Then he mentioned his ac was out

Sent using BrownCafe App

O

OLDMAN3

Yep,
Take break when they are observing to waste their time. Be creative, take 5 minutes playing catch with a customers dog or just chit-chat with a customer for 7 minutes in full view. They will get all excited thinking they can nail you for time theft till you show them you are on break.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
...then we spotted the observer. he continued operating in a professional manner but i could tell he was really freaked out and was pretty nervous. i said to him "wouldn't it be easier to just walk over to the car that is 50 feet from us and ask that manager if they need something"? the manager followed us for about an hour...

It could have been a member of management, asafety guy or loss prevention.

If it is an on-car sup or center manager, they typically only will observe 3-5 stops which usually takes less than 20 minutes.

If you're not exaggerating and it really was an hour, that's pretty long for an observation. They could have suspected the driver you were with of something, but if they put you with them to begin with, it's probably a senior driver they trust so that doesn't make much sense. Also it would be weird to do an observation on a driver while they are training another driver. Additionally in my area they only have drivers train newbies if the on-car sups are all tied up, so why would they pay the driver the 10% differential to train if they were available.

If it were a safety guy, they too wouldn't usually follow for an hour. Even if they're doing the post-accident observation that they do 90 days after an accident it isn't supposed to be more than like 15-20 minutes.

There are just too many things that don't add up. Did the driver say he recognized the person following you and who they were?

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I let them follow me and think they are all stealthy then the next day ask if all was well cause I noticed they followed me for awhile.
They don't give you feedback right afterwards? I thought they were supposed to.

I've only been observed twice in a year and a half of driving and both were by a previous sup when he first got the job. I spotted him right away both times because he was sitting in a car on the side of the road that I had to drive past so I was scanning steering wheels and watching parked cars.

wayfair

swollen member
I call the police, not 911 but their office line to let them know a suspicious vehicle is following me... close town and response time is very quick.... thought I seen a gun one time... hahahaaa

oldngray

nowhere special

If it is an on-car sup or center manager, they typically only will observe 3-5 stops which usually takes less than 20 minutes.

If you're not exaggerating and it really was an hour, that's pretty long for an observation. They could have suspected the driver you were with of something, but if they put you with them to begin with, it's probably a senior driver they trust so that doesn't make much sense. Also it would be weird to do an observation on a driver while they are training another driver. Additionally in my area they only have drivers train newbies if the on-car sups are all tied up, so why would they pay the driver the 10% differential to train if they were available.

If it were a safety guy, they too wouldn't usually follow for an hour. Even if they're doing the post-accident observation that they do 90 days after an accident it isn't supposed to be more than like 15-20 minutes.

There are just too many things that don't add up. Did the driver say he recognized the person following you and who they were?

They will usually only follow you long enough to see something to ding you for. Didn't use handrail or look over your shoulder. Them writing you up for something justifies the time they wasted driving around.

Indecisi0n

If they are following you for an hour its because they are waiting for you to make a mistake and bang you on it.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
They don't give you feedback right afterwards? I thought they were supposed to.

I've only been observed twice in a year and a half of driving and both were by a previous sup when he first got the job. I spotted him right away both times because he was sitting in a car on the side of the road that I had to drive past so I was scanning steering wheels and watching parked cars.
Honestly it's been years since I remember them following. It's hard to be stealthy on a rural route. They know that.