Being promoted to PT supervisor, what can I do to prepare for the job?

KoennenTiger

The Company expects complete honesty from its employees.

I remember back when I used to think this meant mngmt wouldn't lie to me. Pro tip mngmt can lie but if you forget a date you're fired.

Thankfully I got a pretty dang good center mngr right now. I mean he still does the blow hard stuff but he's invested in our success. Unfortunately I'm sure he'll be gone in a year and some rando dude who was probably my old PTer will come in and blow even harder.

PTPeanuts

The Company expects complete honesty from its employees.

ups83j4p.png

Fragile

You guys are silly. Don't beat the guy up he obviously stated he's not a lifer.

Listen, go to college, I think sups still get more money per semester than the hourlies.

I think that's all it's worth. Take what you can get from the job and move on with your life.

Good Luck.

watdaflock?

I’m being promoted to a pt supervisor in the next couple of months, what are some things that I should know to expect? I realize that many are against becoming pt management and I’ve thought it over quite a bit and realize this is something I do want to pursue. My hub is run well and I get along with all of the supervisors. Any tips or anything anyone with pt sup experience can give me is appreciated. Thanks in advance
Are you willing to relocate on your adventures up the management totem pole? If not, don't become a PT sup. Unless you're a college kid looking for temporary resume filler, normally I do not recommend the PT sup position. Ask management why your hub can't keep PT sups and what is the typical turnover of that position, before accepting.