being rotated everyday

I've been working at UPS part-time for about a little over 2 months and i have been unloading everyday with my brother (whos been working there for over a year) until they hired someone just recently to work part-time who they are now putting down by unloading. My supervisor comes down to unload every single day either moving me or my brother down to load, switching off between me and him all the time so the new guy can unload every single day. Me and my brother both hate loading and we get stuff done really fast at unload but whenever this new guy unloads stuff goes slower. My supervisor does not move this new guy down to load at all and it makes me very irritated. Im wondering does my seniority have any play into it because me and my brother both have more seniority than the new guy and i feel as if im being treated unfairly.

You gotta earn your stripes
already been doing that. The whole building respects how fast i go and everytime im down there i finish early but they will still move this new guy down there. And even if that was the case. My supervisor can move my brother down to load anytime they want even tho he has been working there for over a year ? Your telling me seniority has no play in this ?

already been doing that. The whole building respects how fast i go and everytime im down there i finish early but they will still move this new guy down there. And even if that was the case. My supervisor can move my brother down to load anytime they want even tho he has been working there for over a year ? Your telling me seniority has no play in this ?
2 months isn't much seniority

542thruNthru

1st off no one in the building "respects" how fast you go except maybe management.

You're a package handler. Not a unloader not a loader. You'll WAD (work as directed) and load or unload where you are needed.

Pretty much what I'm saying is No you can't use your seniority to not load trucks because you're paid the same no matter which position you're doing.

PTPeanuts

Everyone hates loading. Loading sucks.
Everyone wants to be in the trailer because it's :censored2:ing easy.
The newbies generally get put in the trailer because it's easier and they don't have to train them as much.
Get used to loading or find a new job.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I've been working at UPS part-time for about a little over 2 months and i have been unloading everyday with my brother (whos been working there for over a year) until they hired someone just recently to work part-time who they are now putting down by unloading. My supervisor comes down to unload every single day either moving me or my brother down to load, switching off between me and him all the time so the new guy can unload every single day. Me and my brother both hate loading and we get stuff done really fast at unload but whenever this new guy unloads stuff goes slower. My supervisor does not move this new guy down to load at all and it makes me very irritated. Im wondering does my seniority have any play into it because me and my brother both have more seniority than the new guy and i feel as if im being treated unfairly.
Will they can do anything they want with him for 30 days until he is in the union

1st off no one in the building "respects" how fast you go except maybe management.

You're a package handler. Not a unloader not a loader. You'll WAD (work as directed) and load or unload where you are needed.

Pretty much what I'm saying is No you can't use your seniority to not load trucks because you're paid the same no matter which position you're doing.
thank you for the info, but you arent anyone to tell me if im respected by my coworkers or not. All of my coworkers have told me i do hell of a job down there. Not saying it means anything but i was just saying. If anything management is the only people who dont respect my hard work.

Jstpeachy

We were told on preload shift you can bid for small sort or clerk positions but everything else is pretty much work as directed. No picking and choosing load sets, which belt or load/unload.

542thruNthru

thank you for the info, but you arent anyone to tell me if im respected by my coworkers or not. All of my coworkers have told me i do hell of a job down there. Not saying it means anything but i was just saying. If anything management is the only people who dont respect my hard work.

I work with you and trust me we don't respect you. It's all sarcasm. :)

Jkloc420

You can use senority to bump people if you do the same job, nobody ever really does it but you can. I load trucks, i can bump somebody else loading trucks if i wanted

PTPeanuts

The only way I can think to never have to load is to just let your pull go down in flames every day they make you load, and even then it's still no guaranteed, they'll likely just consider it the driver's problem.
Well what do you think? You got the balls to try?

Jstpeachy

Get used to management not respecting your work lol. You’ll think you do great and the “respect” you get is an added truck or heavier load set from what I see.

Jstpeachy

thats a lie

Really? Interesting, center manager held a full PCM about this stating seniority does not apply to any thing other than bid positions and extra work... I’m in the south and our union guy according to the others in the building doesn’t care so idk

Have you TALKED to the sup about this?
yes i have talked to them about it. They tell me they are trying to keep it fair because people never come and are always calling in which i understood even tho it wasnt my problem that their employees arent coming in but it was always either me or my brother that get moved.

542thruNthru

We were told on preload shift you can bid for small sort or clerk positions but everything else is pretty much work as directed. No picking and choosing load sets, which belt or load/unload.

You have a little more options then that.
Screenshot_20190730-125701_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

But @BigBoxGang you might want to read the highlighted as well. It answers your question.

Jkloc420

Really? Interesting, center manager held a full PCM about this stating seniority does not apply to any thing other than bid positions and extra work... I’m in the south and our union guy according to the others in the building doesn’t care so idk
Everything is a bid job