being rotated everyday

oldngray

nowhere special
Yeah and I just want to sit at home and eat cheetos and jerk off but I can't

Well at least only half the week I can't.

It's the job man. Suck it up.
pics-357-1.jpg

Indecisi0n

I've been working at UPS part-time for about a little over 2 months and i have been unloading everyday with my brother (whos been working there for over a year) until they hired someone just recently to work part-time who they are now putting down by unloading. My supervisor comes down to unload every single day either moving me or my brother down to load, switching off between me and him all the time so the new guy can unload every single day. Me and my brother both hate loading and we get stuff done really fast at unload but whenever this new guy unloads stuff goes slower. My supervisor does not move this new guy down to load at all and it makes me very irritated. Im wondering does my seniority have any play into it because me and my brother both have more seniority than the new guy and i feel as if im being treated unfairly.
You two still live at home? Share a room? How close are you two?

lolbr

The way the contract reads, you "should" be able to pick to load or unload based on seniority. You just don't get to pick which trucks/trailers you work in. Getting management to understand and the union to back you are other issues.

The Range

In too deep
The way the contract reads, you "should" be able to pick to load or unload based on seniority. You just don't get to pick which trucks/trailers you work in. Getting management to understand and the union to back you are other issues.

All that matters is it is possible to force this change as an individual part-timer. It can be difficult but it is doable.

SameRightsForAll

No i have 2 months, my brother has over a year but they still move him down to load and not this new guy.

First, if one supervisor or more doesn't like you, all I can say is bend over. Also, loading isn't mandatory. They can put whoever wherever on any given day. I've seen super performers get replaced with knuckle draggers that required constant help, and I've seen knuckle draggers promoted to driving quicker than anybody else. In fact, the slower you are at package handling in the building the faster you can become God's gift to the company - a full-time driver. The standards are now so low to become a driver that I'm afraid you're going to be even more upset when you're loading the package car of this guy you think should be loading trucks more often. Yes, everything is backwards and that's how the company likes it. After all, most of management is low-IQ, so why fight it. Just go with the flow and any chance you can take it right up the bung hole for the team, I say go for it. :)

BiggieBrown

I was always told to misload if you dont want to load

Can you be disciplined for having misloads?
I was written up recently and I'm pretty salty about it and been thinking of ways to retaliate.
Was thinking of just throwing a few misloads in there every day but not sure if you can get in trouble for it.

Staydryitsraining

You want to stop loading trucks? Simple, follow the methods, it will slow you down so much they wont want you loading. Why are you going so slow? Working safe, following the methods and doing the best I can.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
I was written up recently and I'm pretty salty about it and been thinking of ways to retaliate.
Was thinking of just throwing a few misloads in there every day but not sure if you can get in trouble for it.

They can and will try.
Hopefully your union rep decides to throw you to the wolves, and not defend you.

Think it through.

You messed up.
Management is trying to punish you for messing up.
Your solution is to screw a bunch of drivers who had nothing to do with it, and who just want to get home.

Really sticking it to the man, huh?

BiggieBrown

They can and will try.
Hopefully your union rep decides to throw you to the wolves, and not defend you.

Think it through.

You messed up.
Management is trying to punish you for messing up.
Your solution is to screw a bunch of drivers who had nothing to do with it, and who just want to get home.

Really sticking it to the man, huh?

the write up was BS and all the drivers are dickheads at my center so it's not like I care if they have a few misloads.
"hopefully your union rep decides to throw you to the wolves" you sound like the most butthurt guy on the planet lmao

542thruNthru

Yes you can be disciplined for misloads just like a driver can be disciplined for misdelivering. It's called "improper methods".

Poop Head

Judge me.
Just call in for a month!