Benefits terminated?

NLoader22

So I have had my benefits from ups from April until end of august. I just recently received a letter stating that my benefits plan was terminated 8/31/14. It was not stated exactly why but I believe it was because I did not hit the 60hrs necessary for the month to keep my benefits active.

My question is, will I be able to continue with the same benefits I had previous if I continue working 60+ hrs from now on or am I out of luck? If anyone has been in this situation please share thank you.

Cementups

Box Monkey
obamacare-logo.jpg

NLoader22

Around here, the only people who have problems retaining benifits are those who don't come to work by choice.

Thanks for the info.

In regard to me missing the necessary hours in August it was due to a work injury so I had to miss time. Because of those days missed, I didnt make the necessary hours to satisfy the benefits requirement.

PS: I also have a doctors note and the company had filed an injury claim for me as well.

EasyTrucker

Call your Local. Sounds like UPS was coding you out on disability instead of comp. They have to continue to pay for your health benefits under comp.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Thanks for the info.

In regard to me missing the necessary hours in August it was due to a work injury so I had to miss time. Because of those days missed, I didnt make the necessary hours to satisfy the benefits requirement.

PS: I also have a doctors note and the company had filed an injury claim for me as well.
Hence why I said "by choice". You retain all benifits while on comp and disability.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I know of people who call off sick for weeks at a time just to go in to there "family doctor" and get a note for a common illness and nothing is said.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
So I have had my benefits from ups from April until end of august. I just recently received a letter stating that my benefits plan was terminated 8/31/14. It was not stated exactly why but I believe it was because I did not hit the 60hrs necessary for the month to keep my benefits active.

My question is, will I be able to continue with the same benefits I had previous if I continue working 60+ hrs from now on or am I out of luck? If anyone has been in this situation please share thank you.
Are you in Teamcare?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
In the Central, you only retain medical for 4 weeks for disability.
This is true in the southern supplement as well, off the job disability. You could then decide to go on COBRA. On the job injuries are paid for but anything not associated with that injury would fall under your insurance, which would only be paid for 12 months following your last report from the work injury. If you take any leave of absence you can pay UPS the premiums to keep your insurance until you return.

Article 68 in the Southern Supplment in case you wanted to read it.