Bereavement pay after funeral

DOK

"A regular full-time employee shall be guaranteed two (2) days off to be taken between the day of death and two (2) working days following the funeral provided the employee attends the funeral or other bereavement rite. "

I don't know, kind of looks like he can take 2 after.

Sierra44

Now go home and get yer freakin’ shine box!!
I am currently on bereavement leave for the passing of my grandfather. I read the contract and it states the employee shall be reimbursed at 8 times their regular straight time hourly rate. Is that right? Am I misinterpreting that statement? That seems excessive for funeral leave.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Most of my family lives in another state. I always got 4 days paid. Day of the funeral, day after, and one travel day each way.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Pro tip:

If you're attending a funeral out of state, try to work with whoever is scheduling to get a Tuesday or Wednesday funeral.

This makes your first paid day of travel either Monday or Tuesday.

Then you can use either the preceding or following weekend for a full 6 days off, with 4 of them paid.

It helps if you're needing extra time with the family to do whatever, maybe visit with folks you rarely see.

I did this for at least 4 funerals during my working years.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Part time employees how lomg to u jabe to for ups to receive funural pay umder new contract
Article 29 section 2 of the Master.

A regular full-time employee shall be guaranteed two (2) days off
to be taken between the day of death and two (2) working days
following the funeral provided the employee attends the funeral
or other bereavement rite. In cases involving the funeral of a rela-
tive listed in paragraph 2 above, an employee who attends the fu-
neral or bereavement rite is guaranteed a minimum of two (2)
days off.
An employee shall be allowed one (1) day off to attend the funeral
or other bereavement rite of a sister-in-law, spouse’s grandparent or
a brother-in-law. Reimbursement for this day shall be the same as
provided below.
Time off shall not extend beyond the day of the funeral unless an
additional day is required for travel, except as provided above. In
no event will total compensated time off exceed four (4) scheduled
work days. The employee will be reimbursed at eight (8) times the
employee‘s straight-time hourly rate for each day lost from work
for those employees whose regular scheduled workweek is five (5)
days, and ten (10) times the straight-time hourly rate for those em-
ployees whose regular scheduled workweek is four (4) days. Part-time employees will receive the same benefits as above, paid at four (4) times the employee’s hourly rate. Better conditions contained in Supplements, Riders or Addenda will be maintained by present employees. All employees hired after July 2, 1982 will be covered by
the above language

Sorry for your loss

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Part time employees how lomg to u jabe to for ups to receive funural pay umder new contract
And now a Wallation:

Greetings my friends,

I am employed at UPS in a part-time capacity and recently lost a loved family member.

As per the new changes in our contract, what pay accommodations were arranged for us part-timers?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Sincerely,
DH

Jstpeachy

How does the language say two days before and 2 days after the funeral, then also say can’t extend past the funeral unless it’s one travel day *confused*

“shall be guaranteed two (2) days off
to be taken between the day of death and two (2) working days
following the funeral provided the employee attends the funeral”

“Time off shall not extend beyond the day of the funeral unless an additional day is needed for travel”

oldngray

nowhere special
Here its 2 days guaranteed but you can get a 3rd day for travel after the funeral. Usually they just pay the 3 days but I have seen them pay just 2 if the funeral is nearby. If the center manager has compassion he can pay the 3 days anyway but doesn't have to.