best advancement option?

Just started as morning preloader and doing well. My drivers say i load the cars well. I'm proud to make things easier for them.

Occasionally, I've been asked whether I want to go supe or driving. I'd prefer to stay with the union but I'm such a noob. Smart and hardworking, but still noob.

I like UPS a lot because they gave me a chance. What are some good plans working at UPS? I keep reading how physically demanding and time consuming it is as a full time driver.

Is Saturday air driving worth puting my name on the list? I don't know anything. Sorry for being such a noob.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
feeders is the 2nd easiest job,,,Bid a pilots job, they make about a 180 k a year and work about 80 hours a month,,,and when they have late air,,they are patted on the back with a "Good job" and then some one carries there luggage to a waiting van on the tarmac and off to the holiday Inn for a steak dinner and maybe some hookahs !! now that's a job !!!

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
You want to more than likely become a driver then. If you're not scared to drive a big rig make feeders your goal.

I'll never understand what kind of life someone is living working 12-14 hrs a day. I'll never do it for a living -temporary, heck yeah, but no way in hell for 15+ yrs. No matter how much they are making, still.would never do it.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
quote="UpstateNYUPSer, post: 1351211, member: 12570"]Who in the hell is working 12-14 hr days?

Resident know-it-all.[/quote]

UPS feeder drivers. Correct me if I am wrong.

guzzi71

Can do it when I get around to it.
It's there if you want it, some guy's are 4 ten's that can end up being 13 or 14 hr night's. They drop the hrs from the previous 7th day and add them to your week but you still need to reset (34) off. I know I know, but still can't go over 60 but you can reset once a week. Now did that clear things up????

Cementups

Box Monkey
Last time I checked 5 x 12 = 60 so again please tell me who is working more than 12 hours a day.

While your math is correct, if you work 4 14 hour days then Friday you could still work but be limited to 4 hours. DOT regulations are for 14 hours a day. I know quite a few people that do this.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I got a buddy who is a fulltime supe, in another building now because of a transfer. Well we went to happy hour the other day and before we started to get tanked up, told me hes sick of it and is actually looking for another job. That's how bad this company and job has gotten. I was shocked and he told me he regrets going into fulltime supervision and should have stayed a driver. He said he just doesn't give a dam anymore because they don't give a dam. Unrealistic goals and pressure on him. I don't blame the guy 1 bit.