best advancement option?

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
JUMP,,,todays new sups are just salaried cover drivers ,or as we say up here in Boston,,, firemen,,, they put out fires all day ,then dispatch re/lites them at nite ...lol

alwaysoverallowed

Bid any job other then full time driving work a couple of peaks and summers and see how you like it. The one piece of advice I'd give you is the job is mostly mental in that you have to manage the unnessary stress you have to deal with. This job is easy if you take the approach of drive to stop, find box, leave box repeat. Everyone on your life will give you pressure, sups, customers , spouses. You just have to have the attitude that you'll never please all those people at once so you have to balance them out. Basically when you go fulltime you spend all your time making others happy and you have to find the joy in that otherwise you'll get depressed and this job will eat you alive.

alwaysoverallowed

Or you could get a degree, bid a full time route, run it until you're top rate, go into "management" then bale after a couple of years for another company and make more then your counterparts at UPS. If I had it all to do over again I would still take the driver route, finish school (eventually), retire at 50 get a pt gig teaching until I hit 60, then retire for good on the beach and get drunk and fish 'till I die.