best beer?

solitarysiren

Happiness in Slavery...
When I was in the Czech Republic, I noticed they are really proud of their beer. They even boast that the Germans agree that Czech beer is the best.

What's the best beer you're ever had? American or otherwise?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I really like the canadian beers. Good ole Labatts, and Molsom triple xxx. But I dont get to love it long, 2 and I am out. I really liked Coors when you could only get it in Colorado. It doesnt taste the same now that it is marketed usa wide. Yuengling (sp) is a real treat I believe it is brewed in USA also.

DS

Fenderbender
Ok now you`re talking my language.Beer.I think the ******* that invented "light" beer should be drowned in coors light.
I find the Czech beer is too fruity ,and tends to taste like heineken,
skunky and overpasturized.
I love guinness and any quality premium beer like the Samuel Adams lager over9five mentioned.But when it comes to an everyday beer I drink Creemore springs lager
Creemore Springs Brewery
the commercial canadian beers like blue,canadian,ex,make me gag.I`d rather not drink any than have one,they make that crap out of lake ontario water.its filtered alright.
rickards red is not bad but its over carbonated.
Alexander keiths is like the scotch of beers,you like it
or hate it,I`m the latter
I wont mention the light beers

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
I don't drink beer very often, but if we're out somewhere that they brew the beer on the premises I'll always order one... When we travel it's kind of a ritual for us to find a sidewalk cafe and try the local beer.

1. Microbrews can be excellent. The waiter usually knows which one is the best one.
3. Sam Adams is always good with pizza.
4. Sapporo is always good with sushi.

Slothrop

For a good, reasonably priced brew, go with a local microbrew in your flavor.

My personal favorite, somewhat affordable, nationally available brews are Guinness Extra Stout & Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

Dang, a beer sounds good now...off to the patio...adios

solitarysiren

Happiness in Slavery...
fat tire is supposed to be pretty good, but i don't drink much beer, either.

how do you feel about beer cocktails? in germany they have some good concoctions (beer and otherwise). one is called a Radler. It's basically a mixture of beer and sprite. there's a Diesel, which is beer and coke. not half bad for someone like me, who doesn't drink much beer.

Czech rum on the other hand....it's really smooth. i learned that rum and pepsi are a very yummy mix and as a result, ended up stumbling around Prague in a light rain drunk and slightly lost, lol.

My fiance says, "Newcastle is the sh**." Hmm, there are wine connoiseurs and beer, as well, i see...

S

sup in NH

Guinness is the best beer, but that's not why I'm here. I'm looking for a driver, S**** L****, who I was stationed with in the Air Force who I think works in or around Philly. Can any of you guys point me in the right direction.

{edited by moderator to remove full name, please register and use your email or private messaging to have people contact you with this type of information}

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
My favorite import is from Manchester, England and is a pub ale called "Boddington's". What I usually drink though is Bud unless I want a Sam Adams, which is better.

Tooner reminded me of something concerning Coors. This reminds me of that old Burt Reynolds movie, "Smokey and the Bandit". Back about thirty years ago, everyone around here wanted it because you couldn't get it here. A cousin of mine had a friend who was in Feeder management. I do not know what his name was. He had a trailer of Coors unloaded at her house, every room in that house was full of Coors. I didn't see the UPS trailer there, but I did see the beer! Like Tooner said, once it got distributed nationally, nobody wanted it anymore.:tongue_sm

moreluck

golden ticket member
Scratch.....my little dog is from Manchester too......Toy Manchester Terrier. Totally unrelated to beer, huh? :sad:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Spanish Peak's Black Dog Ale out of Bozeman Montana.

Oh, and by the way DS, there are 37 micro-breweries in Ontario Province. At one a month, that would keep you busy for over 3 years!!

brown bomber

brown bomber
a few of my favorites are Smithwick, an amber ale..it's a Guinness product...and also I've found a number of fine beers from the Shiner Brewery, in Texas...I first found out about Shiner on a vacation in San Antonio, a few yrs. ago...that product is now available in N.E. Ohio..in my opinion..Shiner 97, is the best I've tried thus far
most of the beers from the Yuengling Co., are very good..it's worth the road trip to Pa.
for an everyday drinking beer I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Leinenkugel from Wisconsin..the only beer from that brewery I wouldn't suggest, is the Sunset Wheat..enjoy