Best Christmas ever. 1st year in Feeders.

brown67

Never have I had a more relaxed Christmas than this year in feeders. My hours are a little more in feeders, but I don't notice it as much. Been working about 55 hours a week, but I don't hurt at night like I would in packages. No helpers to deal with. I know what I'm doing everyday and how many hours I'll be working from now til Christmas is over. 10 to 11 hours M-Th and 12 to 13 hours on Fri.

Walking into work in packages during Christmas is like playing Russian roulette. Don't know if you'll live or die that day. Scared just to go look at the stop count. Might work 8 hours or 13 hours

Best of all. I don't have to work on Christmas eve.:cool-little::cool-little:

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Never have I had a more relaxed Christmas than this year in feeders. My hours are a little more in feeders, but I don't notice it as much. Been working about 55 hours a week, but I don't hurt at night like I would in packages. No helpers to deal with. I know what I'm doing everyday and how many hours I'll be working from now til Christmas is over. 10 to 11 hours M-Th and 12 to 13 hours on Fri.

Walking into work in packages during Christmas is like playing Russian roulette. Don't know if you'll live or die that day. Scared just to go look at the stop count. Might work 8 hours or 13 hours

Welcome to the club, brother. I would say it was almost worth stopping smoking dope. Not completely, but hey, you gotta give something to get something in life. It sure is a different feeling walking into the building now, isn't it? Almost stress-free, I would say...That, and I'm going over $100,000 this year....

Notretiredyet

Hoping to join the club in the next few years, as there's a couple guys sitting on the fence now waiting to see what the next contract brings. Not really ready to retire yet, but my days in a package car are numbered. Really want to give feeders a shot and if it doesn't work for me I'm gone. My plan is to wait till I get 30yrs FT and my 25yr Circle of Honor in early 2014 before applying for a feeder position. But if we get a bunch of guys walking out the door in August, who knows?

brown67

Really is no stress. Hasn't snowed here yet so that has been wonderful. Turn of my xm radio sit back and relax. I do some customer pick ups for the first half of the day. Run the air trailer to Denver. Then grab 1 or 2 trailers and head back to Loveland. Days over. Repeat the next day. No 100 stop swings, no weird helper in drug rehab asking me daily if he can move into my basement, no 15 hour load and supervisors telling me I can do it 12, and then annoyed when I call at 3:00 pm and tell him that I can't do it 12. You get the picture.

upsman68

I will never have a shot to bid into feeders. We don't have a run out of our building. I was hoping for the next contract to have a district bid. We shall see I doubt it though. It is very frustrating seeing a feeder driver come to your bdlg with 10-15 years seniority and you have 22.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I have to wait till my kids are around 13 or 14 till I can go to feeder. No one to watch them when I work the oddball hours. That's ok. I should be able to do package for 6 years. But I will get into feeder. There's a mass exodus in about 6 years. Perfect timing.

robot

Has A Large Member
Yeah peak in feeders has been tough. I've been having to take an extra 15-45 minute nap waiting on an air pull.

thessalonian13

My first peak in a van route after 22 years of 150+ stops a day. Not as good as feeders, but 40 commercial stops done by 3pm (including 1 hour lunch) and then 4 hours of pickups is not too shabby.

lazydriver

22nd Christmas in feeders and maybe my last. I was going to retire this Oct. but decided to extend another 6 months. I feel it has gotten too crazy out here on the road. I mainly drive the crowded highways along the North East, driving past places where our fellow UPS drivers have had fatal accidents. It just gets to you after awhile.