Best GPS for an air driver?

llamainmypocket

????

bra-phone.jpg

Took me about 8 seconds to see the phone.

rod

Retired 22 years
Your phone! Google Maps. Saturday air is all over the place. Put in the address, kick back, and just turn when told to. Occasionally look for mail box numbers.

Up until about 2 years ago if you tried that method to find my house you would have ended up in the Mississippi river. GPS is NOT fail safe.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I deliver air on Sat. and I'm also gonna be doing it after my preload shift as needed. Need something that will optimize my stops and put them in order to save time/mileage. Any thoughts, recommendations?
Sounds like your looking for a spot on the Orion team.

ibleedbrown

look up bestroute pro on android play store, it costs $5. punch in all your stops in there and it will map them out in logical order, it will link your stops up to google maps and give you turn by turn navigation. works w up to 50 stops.

JL 0513

Not sure why anyone would buy a standalone GPS device these days when everyone has a smartphone. No cost to have the best map system, Google Maps.

Paper maps take way too long to figure out your stops especially on Saturday air. First you have to go find the street in the street index list and then locate it in the corresponding block. All while reading tiny print all bunched together. And maps don't show addresses. This can waste lots of time on long roads where you don't know high and low ends.

Using paper maps is like writing on stone tablets. Doesn't make much sense anymore.

Tip: bring portable charger for your phone if concerned about battery life.

chris9834

I use my phone, to me maps are a waste of money in my situation no offense to anyone that might find that offensive whatever works for you keep doing it. Im in a big city and the reason I say maps are a waste of money imo is because they build new streets everyday here because its a booming area. So in the 2015 addition of Mapsco which is what is used around here and is printed probably in January or december of 14 isn't going to have the new streets built in February or later months until 2016 rolls around and then its a repeat problem sure I could go above and beyond and draw the streets in during my spare time but honestly I have better things to do and with the phone technology I no longer have to where as in the past you would have no choice. Secondly I have found it increasingly hard to find recent maps because of the GPS technology taking over. I will however take a map if ever I was in a rural area because reception could be a issue and without reception you have no google maps, but for that to happen I would have to go to a building with a rural route which I dont think would ever be possible. Just get you a phone with a good battery life maybe invest in a second battery with a charger port for backup and roll with it, and dont use turn by turn or your phone it will die 4 times faster then just using it like you would a map. I admit I have a 2 year old mapsco just incase my phone comes up missing or it just messes up but I havent ever used it and I wont unless something does happen. Good luck to you and use whatever your comfortable with or what best fits your senario.