best package handler shift?

M

momonapua2003

just wondering what ur guys opinions on the package handler shifts....3-8 or 5-10. im getting hired in a week and they want to know which shift i want.

L

lkjh

The "best" shift is anything on the air ramp.

I know that's not your question, but just keep it in mind in case something comes up.

S

swingdriver

Depends on what works best for you. I worked pre-load for 2 years. I was able to work through the night and go to school in the day.

R

rushfan

I worked preload. The hours were early, but you're done early for school and other things. Also, on Friday you're done so if you have something to do on the weekend, you can go early.

M

momonapua2003

on average how long did u guys work on the 5-10pm shift? hr is telling me 5-10 usually only gets 3-3.5 hours. and 3-8am gets about 4-5 everytime. whats up with that? thanks

F

fredly00

as far as times, I like the AM shift, get done and you come outside and the day is just starting..
For me, preloading was what I went with, and our preloaders make 1$ more an hour than the reload/local sort. skilled vs unskilled labor ;shrug;

P

proups

I worked an average of 3.5 to 4 hours per day, but that was 25 years ago!

I think it would depend on your location. Ask the HR Rep.

F

fups

i started on the 4-9pm shift while i was going to school in the daytime...

Daysort= staying out all night and still having time to sleep in a bit.

Midnight= lazy people(at least at my hub), came in DRUNK plenty of times while working doubles.

Preload= gotta know what your doing , drivers will give you a hard time if you suck, thats the only shift i have not worked... but after seeing it and driving now i would say friend-that....

P

parttimejon

i've worked all three and have seen plenty of drunk people on night and preload. I like midnight the best by the way.

W

workinstiff

Are you in school? If so take the 5-10, it works out much better with school. Plus your sleep schedule remains the same.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
You'll get less hours in the night shift...I was preload and would get about 25 hours a week...went to twilight and I was lucky to get 18-20...pre load you have to think what you're doing...while twilight is mindless work...just throw boxes onto a belt...I switched to twilight cause I always had two jobs when I was a part timer...it sucked working til 10 on Friday nights but it worked out better for my sleep schedule

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
You'll get less hours in the night shift...I was preload and would get about 25 hours a week...went to twilight and I was lucky to get 18-20...pre load you have to think what you're doing...while twilight is mindless work...just throw boxes onto a belt...I switched to twilight cause I always had two jobs when I was a part timer...it sucked working til 10 on Friday nights but it worked out better for my sleep schedule
I worked preload and delivered air after and loved it. I was sort isle and drove my own personal car to deliver air and got paid for mileage. Obviously this was back in the day but have fond memories.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Roll Damn Tide........it's 1:47 and Michigan still sucks!!! @upschuck

DeadOnArrival

Belt Wide
5-10, that's where the best pusillanimous is

Attachments

• wooderson.jpg
    wooderson.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 434