Best way to deal with aggressive dogs?

Keep bringing all the pictures of that beautiful dog that you want to TT:cheers: LOL.
image.jpg
You asked for it. Meet Cooper aka YODA.

Rescued from an Amish puppy mill. He was a stud dog with the longest nails you ever saw. It took two years for him to trust me due to how those almost men treated him. Good dude but kinda of a spaz.

ClownInBrown

GOOD! GREAT! GRAND! Wonderful!
I love any dog. I've rescued them for years. You have to respect the dog. Pit bulls Rottweilers and German Shepards are the ones you need to really look out for. These are the dogs that can take a man who doesn't know how to protect themselves from an attack. If the dog has you on the ground grab a paw any paw and snap it. The dog know matter how bad or mad it is will retreat.

Try your best to stay out of that situation.

Thanks for the info. I'm gonna start driving in Nov and was a helper last year. I love dogs but they seem to hate the loud trucks and "sexy" uniforms. I don't ever want to hurt a dog; but if a pit, rot, or g shep is on me that is good to know. I've never been in serious danger from a dog so I would not have thought to do that (hopefully as a last resort).

FatherBrown

I will raise my hands up in the air and speak to them in a very commanding voice, and even take several aggressive steps toward them if necessary. It has worked for me every time. Never been bitten. I do like the air horn idea though also. Lol

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
If you are approached by a vicious dog, and it's looking bad for the good guy, look towards the yard next door and yell "LOOK! there's a squirrel! Drop the package and run like hell.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Thanks for the info. I'm gonna start driving in Nov and was a helper last year. I love dogs but they seem to hate the loud trucks and "sexy" uniforms. I don't ever want to hurt a dog; but if a pit, rot, or g shep is on me that is good to know. I've never been in serious danger from a dog so I would not have thought to do that (hopefully as a last resort).
Just always have dog treats on ya or in your shirt pocket as treats are usually the great equalizer, and you should always have the diad on ya anyway. One of the supes dropped the dime on the diad thing. If anybody wants to que in on this feel free also. We are supposedly getting ready for Orion after peak at some point but he said basically scan box in truck and when you get to stop stop complete it at stop then walk back to truck. Supposedly its counting the dots sorta speak from point a to point b and back to point a, measuring it to give them an idea on time for Orion. Little off subject, but always carry diad, just in case you have to swing it, which being an animal lover would be my total last resort for protection. Always keep your eyes open dude for real.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Just always have dog treats on ya or in your shirt pocket as treats are usually the great equalizer, and you should always have the diad on ya anyway. One of the supes dropped the dime on the diad thing. If anybody wants to que in on this feel free also. We are supposedly getting ready for Orion after peak at some point but he said basically scan box in truck and when you get to stop stop complete it at stop then walk back to truck. Supposedly its counting the dots sorta speak from point a to point b and back to point a, measuring it to give them an idea on time for Orion. Little off subject, but always carry diad, just in case you have to swing it, which being an animal lover would be my total last resort for protection. Always keep your eyes open dude for real.
I Always have dog treats in my pocket and I'm not gonna get started with Orion. It is not a good measuring tool. Can you imagine if we walked down every driveway instead of literally running thru the yard. Give us a time study instead of an Orion brain drain.

Last edited:

tourists24

Unless I know the dog, I never deliver to a house in which there is a dog out. I lay on the horn. They can either put the dog up or come to the truck and get the box. If no response, then I put a note on the mail box if I can.

My biggest fear comes with screen or storm doors that may or may not be shut all the way. That and people who don't seem to know how to control their dogs and they rush out when the owner opens the door.

Ring Sport

Just hope that none of you run into a dog that is trained without the handler around. None of the above recommendations will work. Biscuits and horn included. When my wife and I started dating a long time ago, she was nervous about how the dogs would react without her around me. Spent a lot of time with her and the dogs so they would get used to me.

Saw the dog in the below videos in action a couple of times. Pretty amazing dog. Would trust him with the handler long before I would trust somebody on route with a dog. Without the handler around, forget it.

Last edited:

bowflex

I have a bag of treats but only give them to friendly dogs. No deliver and remarks dog works for me. Some customers told me to leave the package at the curb if the dog is out. I work in a country so every house had dogs. The dogs don't bother me it's the people that order that order 8 50lb boxes of food at a time.

65Goat

Acting as though you are picking up a rock has worked usually. Actually throwing rocks also does the trick if the previous option doesn't work.