Bezos does the expected for once.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
You guys!.... quit messin’ with that troll!!! All you’re doing is making him giddy with delight. And why would ya want that? :mellow:

2E565B7C-1F93-40D3-8037-480A1FE17AE1.jpeg

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
What don't you understand about the word "unprofitable?"

What don't you understand about "necessary cost to do business?" You can take a large shipper's less desirable shipments and retain all of their business or you can tell them that you won't serve a significant portion of their customers and retain none of their business because they switched to UPS.

I can tell you put a lot of thought into this.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I don't think you get it. Bacha was a contractor in an area where it wasn't possible to make a living with what Fedex required of him and he feels that since they didn't support him properly he got screwed. It's become his mission in life, at least from what I've gathered reading his posts, to make sure anyone interested in becoming a contractor think twice about it, and hopefully deter them.

He babbles on about nonsensical stuff and you need 4 flowcharts and a spreadsheet to keep track of what he's talking about no matter how simple the question is. Meanwhile, the contractors who are successful can answer questions in clear English with answers that are easy to understand and using logic that is easy to follow.

You ask him about the weather and the answer might include references to the stock market, interest rates, antitrust legislation, the Pure Food and Drug Act, and foreign exchange rates. He's nuts.

bacha29

He babbles on about nonsensical stuff and you need 4 flowcharts and a spreadsheet to keep track of what he's talking about no matter how simple the question is. Meanwhile, the contractors who are successful can answer questions in clear English with answers that are easy to understand and using logic that is easy to follow.

You ask him about the weather and the answer might include references to the stock market, interest rates, antitrust legislation, the Pure Food and Drug Act, and foreign exchange rates. He's nuts.
Nuts huh? Takes one to know one ..... 'Nonsensical stuff"........ If it doesn't make sense then why do you continue to read it?

bacha29

I read some of it because some of it is funny.
With all of the duties that goes along with being in charge of security at your Mom's basement I didn't think that you would have time to read any of it.
Now given the time constraints you're confronted with I'll try to keep my remarks as brief as possible.

Oldfart

With all of the duties that goes along with being in charge of security at your Mom's basement I didn't think that you would have time to read any of it.
Now given the time constraints you're confronted with I'll try to keep my remarks as brief as possible.
Have you finished the homework your congressman gave you?

bacha29

Have you finished the homework your congressman gave you?
Can't talk to you now. Had a viewing I had to go to tonight and I want to be at the blueberry farm by 7 AM tomorrow. Hopefully, someone else will be kind enough to take over and make certain that you continue receive 100% of the recommended daily allowance of attention.

vantexan

Just like picking on bacha, Tex and OP. They get their tighty whities in a wad when I catch them stretching the truth, or exaggerating.

I did wake up early this morning before sunrise here in Daytona. Trying to figure out if the weather is gonna cooperate with my weekend plans.
Actually you've avoided answering me lately because you know I tell the truth about what the company did to us. I'm a conservative Republican and a Christian and don't take lightly shedding light on what they did. And am at the point where I don't want to keep rehashing it. The only thing that makes me bring it up anymore is when someone tries to downplay what FedEx did to us. Fair game if they do.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
What don't you understand about "necessary cost to do business?" You can take a large shipper's less desirable shipments and retain all of their business or you can tell them that you won't serve a significant portion of their customers and retain none of their business because they switched to UPS
Unbelievable!

You need to give up the crack pipe MT3 gave you for Christmas 2006 ASAP.

Oldfart

Actually you've avoided answering me lately because you know I tell the truth about what the company did to us. I'm a conservative Republican and a Christian and don't take lightly shedding light on what they did. And am at the point where I don't want to keep rehashing it. The only thing that makes me bring it up anymore is when someone tries to downplay what FedEx did to us. Fair game if they do.
Question

Why is it that so many people worked at the company during the same time frame as you have been able to survive, prosper and some are old enough to retire with dignity.

Answer

Because they knew how to manage money and prepare for the future so they wouldn't have to live in a tent when they retire.

vantexan

Question

Why is it that so many people worked at the company during the same time frame as you have been able to survive, prosper and some are old enough to retire with dignity.

Answer

Because they knew how to manage money and prepare for the future so they wouldn't have to live in a tent when they retire.
I made the mistake of quitting in '97. I paid for that dearly. Doesn't change the fact that tens of thousands of couriers, myself included, hired in late 90's or later, were making after 10-15 years of working $6-$8hr less than top out. And y'all were getting bigger raises. Let's say for example you were making $24hr and got a 3% raise. That's 72 cents. A midrange employee making $15hr got 2% or 30 cents. This went on for years. Even if I had stayed my traditional pension would've been cut off at 21 years. You got a full pension. I'm glad it worked out for you. Didn't for a lot of people and in no way was the portable pension plan they forced us into after lying about giving us a choice to stay in the traditional the equivalent of the traditional. By the way currently staying in a nice room with internet in Osh, Kyrgyzstan for $150 a month. There's a fantastic Italian restaurant 5 minutes walk from here where for $7-$10 I can get a meal comparable to $25-$30 in the States, maybe more. And that includes tip! Fantastic ambiance and service too.

Oldfart

I made the mistake of quitting in '97. I paid for that dearly. Doesn't change the fact that tens of thousands of couriers, myself included, hired in late 90's or later, were making after 10-15 years of working $6-$8hr less than top out. And y'all were getting bigger raises. Let's say for example you were making $24hr and got a 3% raise. That's 72 cents. A midrange employee making $15hr got 2% or 30 cents. This went on for years. Even if I had stayed my traditional pension would've been cut off at 21 years. You got a full pension. I'm glad it worked out for you. Didn't for a lot of people and in no way was the portable pension plan they forced us into after lying about giving us a choice to stay in the traditional the equivalent of the traditional. By the way currently staying in a nice room with internet in Osh, Kyrgyzstan for $150 a month. There's a fantastic Italian restaurant 5 minutes walk from here where for $7-$10 I can get a meal comparable to $25-$30 in the States, maybe more. And that includes tip! Fantastic ambiance and service too.
Same lame excuse.

Others survived, thrived and prospered. You didn't have the discipline. They did.

Quit blaming others for your failures.

We are going green in Daytona while you live in a 3rd world country.
Bummer

vantexan

Same lame excuse.

Others survived, thrived and prospered. You didn't have the discipline. They did.

Quit blaming others for your failures.

We are going green in Daytona while you live in a 3rd world country.
Bummer
Who's failing? I'm eating well, am very comfortable, in a country where people are very friendly and kind. You are sitting in a hot, humid city(I'm from Florida)watching cars go round and round and round. If that's your definition of success have at it.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
AFEF6415-7540-407A-BAA3-2FA7B6446106.gif

Oldfart

Who's failing? I'm eating well, am very comfortable, in a country where people are very friendly and kind. You are sitting in a hot, humid city(I'm from Florida)watching cars go round and round and round. If that's your definition of success have at it.
I am sitting beside my wife in an airconditioned suite. Your wife is 1000's of miles away from you. Bummer

vantexan

There is no “fantastic “ Italian restaurant in Kyrgyzstan
Then you haven't been here. The capital Bishkek has a great restaurant scene with over 800 restaurants listed on Tripadvisor. Osh is nowhere close to that, but they do have a handful of excellent restaurants and this is one. I even got a pretty good burrito in Bishkek.