Bezos does the expected for once.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Then you haven't been here. The capital Bishkek has a great restaurant scene with over 800 restaurants listed on Tripadvisor. Osh is nowhere close to that, but they do have a handful of excellent restaurants and this is one. I even got a pretty good burrito in Bishkek.
I looked it up. Lmfao. Are you friend’ing serious right now.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Then you haven't been here. The capital Bishkek has a great restaurant scene with over 800 restaurants listed on Tripadvisor. Osh is nowhere close to that, but they do have a handful of excellent restaurants and this is one. I even got a pretty good burrito in Bishkek.
Less than 10 reviews. Lmfao. Almost every restaurant in the whole country has 4 or 5 stars What a crock of s*. Probably because it’s a 3rd world country and if you give it a bad review you get hung in the public square. Lmfao.

vantexan

Less than 10 reviews. Lmfao. Almost every restaurant in the whole country has 4 or 5 stars What a crock of s*. Probably because it’s a 3rd world country and if you give it a bad review you get hung in the public square. Lmfao.
Your redneckidness is showing. Tripadvisor is traveler reviews mostly. But whatever, I'm listening to great music, the WiFi is excellent, service attentive, seating super comfortable, food is delicious, and this meal will run me about $6 with tip.

Last edited:

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Your redneckidness is showing. Tripadvisor is traveler reviews mostly. But whatever, I'm listening to great music, the WiFi is excellent, service attentive, seating super comfortable, food is delicious, and this meal will run me about $5 with tip.
Better give it 5 stars.....smh... lmfao

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I did wake up early this morning before sunrise here in Daytona. Trying to figure out if the weather is gonna cooperate with my weekend plans.

I am sitting beside my wife in an air-conditioned suite.

0baa92d89de3bdeff242d21f583f1ad6.png

vantexan

That really isn't that many for a city that size.
In the developing world it's pretty impressive. Tripadvisor doesn't list every restaurant in the city. A lot of choice here at affordable prices. There are a number of cafeterias that serve decent food and you can get a good meal for $2.50-$3.50.

Last edited:

MAKAVELI

In the developing world it's pretty impressive. Tripadvisor doesn't list every restaurant in the city. A lot of choice here at affordable prices. There are a number of cafeterias that serve decent food and you can get a good meal for $2.50-$3.50.
You're the one touting how many restaurants they have. I'm just saying it really isn't that many. SF has a slightly lower population and has over 4,400+.

vantexan

You're the one touting how many restaurants they have. I'm just saying it really isn't that many. SF has a slightly lower population and has over 4,400+.
But can you get by in San Francisco eating out once a day on $600 a month? It's not a competition. Of course San Francisco has more, it's one of the world's wealthiest cities. I'm over here for one reason, besides enjoying traveling, and that's to save at least half my pension every month. Of course my wife was ok with it while I was paying off the car, but now that it's paid for she wants me to cut trip short. We agreed on October, but I'm going to surprise her on our anniversary in August. And in fairness San Francisco's metro area is about 5 or 6 times larger than Bishkek.

Oldfart

But can you get by in San Francisco eating out once a day on $600 a month? It's not a competition. Of course San Francisco has more, it's one of the world's wealthiest cities. I'm over here for one reason, besides enjoying traveling, and that's to save at least half my pension every month. Of course my wife was ok with it while I was paying off the car, but now that it's paid for she wants me to cut trip short. We agreed on October, but I'm going to surprise her on our anniversary in August. And in fairness San Francisco's metro area is about 5 or 6 times larger than Bishkek.
Proper planning during your working years will result in enjoying your retirement when it happens. No matter what your income is.

Oldfart

Bishkek has a larger footprint than Frisco. Come on dude. Get your facts correct.

MAKAVELI

Nope, San Francisco and San Francisco county is under 900,000. You are thinking of the Bay Area as a whole.

vantexan

Actually over 7 million. I was specifically speaking about the city having 4400+ restaurants. The Bay Area probably has about 4x that.
And it's a very prosperous area with a huge population. The point all along was pointing out to Oldfart that it isn't as Third World as he likes to say. And for a city of over 900,000 people are very nice. More so than the States. You can have a million choices but if you can't afford them it doesn't mean much. But kindness and politeness are free, and there's plenty of it here.