Bezos does the expected for once.

dmac1

Whoa Bucko. Once again ADP will only operate in select areas of the country and the jing weeds ain't one of them . Now based on preliminary information made public selection of an ADP will among many things be based on net worth and free cash flow.As for rates. I don't know about what you've read but based on what I've read the gross revenue rate is $18-25 . That appears to be a gross number not the wage paid to the operator. If that's right then it will mean that ALL operating costs will be paid out of that $18-25 rate.
You may not have seen the same info. What I saw was that pay would be based on the route, not on the net revenue to Amazon. And I too doubt that rural areas will be included because the post office would be cheaper in rural areas.

But that doesn't negate the fact that I made good money at fedex with rural areas when they were using the core zone formula. Nothing I have posted said Amazon was going to use ADPs in rural areas.

dmac1

When they stop servicing zip codes, they lose shippers.
Amazon IS the shipper, and if they don't want to serve areas, they can still use USPS, fedex, or fedex, if it is cheaper for them to do so. Fedex has to worrry about losing shippers if they don't serve everywhere. Amazon doesn't have that worry. Fedex used to, and may still, accept deliveries where they take a loss, to keep the profitable deliveries. Amazon is better positioned to use the post office. A fedex ISP can't choose to use the post office as an alternative.

dmac1

Until recent years whenever there was a volume spike the terminal would fit the bill for temp agency supplied manpower and when the subcontractor's per diem was divided into a hourly wage the hourly wage of the terminal temp exceeded it by sometimes quite a bit and it was a very serious point of contention.
But when my station converted to ISP the TM there now will not under any way shape or form run terminal funded temps. He simply throws it back onto the 4 remaining ISP contractors to figure out what to do.In turn all they could do was to hire people as full time ride along's or part timers in the hope that would come out when they needed them. Some times they would come out and other times they landed better offers or simply left the area all together.
Now if you have small number of routes having to keep full time people around with no route just to cover your expletive deleted in many cases that extra full time man is pretty much taking the contractor's pay home with him.

Seems like Amazon recognizes the benefits of you operating 40 routes 7 days a week. . You will always have enough work to hire and pay around the 80 employees you will have.

dmac1

I don’t know what type of sprinters Amazing is dictating. If they’re under 10k, there’s OT to pay. The ads I’ve seen for Amazon contractors all pay by the hour.

If you can't operate 7 days a week and figure out how to avoid OT after 40 hours, you don't have the skills needed to operate 40 routes. 4 ten hour days and 3 ten hour days is the obvious solution, with some of the 3 day drivers covering time off for the 4 day drivers. It's really pretty simple. Almost every state allows employers to hire on a 4-10 schedule without being subject to OT.

dmac1

It was very funny you stated the value of a persons contract was not much more than his truck. A fella said someone got 750k. That must have been 1 heck of a truck. He showed you to be wrong. AGAIN!!!

Then you began playing CPA and speculated on the seller's tax status. You don't have a clue to the seller's situation and you start talking about his tax status WOW!!! Just WOW!!!
If the $750k included 15 nearly new vehicles, it doesn't mean much. It doesn't mean he walked away with $750k. In fact, throwing out any figure like that means nothing without a lot more info.

It will be fine

If you can't operate 7 days a week and figure out how to avoid OT after 40 hours, you don't have the skills needed to operate 40 routes. 4 ten hour days and 3 ten hour days is the obvious solution, with some of the 3 day drivers covering time off for the 4 day drivers. It's really pretty simple. Almost every state allows employers to hire on a 4-10 schedule without being subject to OT.
It’s clear you have it all figured out. Let us know how it works out for you.

$300k profit for a 7 day operation of 40 trucks is piss poor if you ask me. Amazon is not known for quality treatment of its workers and I can’t imagine how poorly they’ll treat contractors. They will be much more controlling than FedEx is. They are already dictating what trucks to use and who to hire, there won’t be much if any autonomy contracting with them. Good luck.

Oldfart

If the $750k included 15 nearly new vehicles, it doesn't mean much. It doesn't mean he walked away with $750k. In fact, throwing out any figure like that means nothing without a lot more info.
No doubt. But bacha likes to play E friend Hutton and act like he has all the inside scoop on anything financial. Like I said, trying to predict the seller's tax situation without even knowing the facts is typical bacha.

Oh yea. Him bragging about the homework his congressman gave him is beyond comical.

Oldfart

Where are those definitions I told you to get back to me with? Now if you were to look it up you would discover what a truly ignorant slob you really are.
I never claimed to be a CPA, a congressman's lackie or anything but what me and you are. Truck drivers. Like I said, you want to be someone so bad and it is killing you knowing that has not and will not ever happen. Bummer

dmac1

$300k profit for a 7 day operation of 40 trucks is piss poor if you ask me. Amazon is not known for quality treatment of its workers and I can’t imagine how poorly they’ll treat contractors. They will be much more controlling than FedEx is. They are already dictating what trucks to use and who to hire, there won’t be much if any autonomy contracting with them. Good luck.
You are spending thousands of your own dollars to get this job either. They don't promise independence like fedex does. No one says you need to work 7 days a week, any more that the head of fedex works 7 days a week. $300k is basically $1000 a day. Of course, if you are so terrible at managing and hiring, you probably would need to work more.

bacha29

You may not have seen the same info. What I saw was that pay would be based on the route, not on the net revenue to Amazon. And I too doubt that rural areas will be included because the post office would be cheaper in rural areas.

But that doesn't negate the fact that I made good money at fedex with rural areas when they were using the core zone formula. Nothing I have posted said Amazon was going to use ADPs in rural areas.
AMZN said " an individual can earn $18-25 per hour delivering from their own vehicle." Now is that figure AFTER vehicle expenses are taken out or BEFORE vehicle expenses are taken out.

It will be fine

AMZN said " an individual can earn $18-25 per hour delivering from their own vehicle." Now is that figure AFTER vehicle expenses are taken out or BEFORE vehicle expenses are taken out.
Flex drivers are $18-25 before expenses. It’s barely above minimum wage all things factored in.

bacha29

I'm with you on this one because it still comes down to the same grim reality. Bezos wants you to haul his junk for the lowest rate possible preferably for free.
For what it's worth Amazon is a momentum stock trading at a nose bleed 213X earnings. Someday fairly soon that momentum will die off and AMZN will have to become a value stock and to do that he's going to have to crank out much better earnings and it would appear that shipping costs in Bezos opinion are way too high and he thinks that he has a way to significantly reduce them .
That being the stated intent how much money can a person place at risk based on those numbers? Somebody who is in a position that allows them to take that risk most certainly will. And perhaps they might just offer enough wages and benefits to make it very hard for an XG contractor in the same area to stay in the game. It will certainly be quite a battle.

It will be fine

You are spending thousands of your own dollars to get this job either. They don't promise independence like fedex does. No one says you need to work 7 days a week, any more that the head of fedex works 7 days a week. $300k is basically $1000 a day. Of course, if you are so terrible at managing and hiring, you probably would need to work more.
I’d guess the $300k figure is best case scenario. I’m sure you’ll show everyone how great of a manger you are when you get going. Most Express and UPS building run fewer than 80 drivers and have plenty of OT, they must all be terrible at scheduling. You’re nuts if you think you can plan 40 routes to be perfectly run in 10 hours and that’ll happen everyday, but I’d guess that’s how Amazon is making its projections.

bacha29

Flex drivers are $18-25 before expenses. It’s barely above minimum wage all things factored in.
Right and I ask you this question. What percentage of the original Day1 ADP contractors will still be there a year later? My guess? Less than 40% And there are no protected territories proprietary rights or goodwill at least no mention of it, somebody could lose a LOT of money.

bacha29

I would trust Bernie Madoff and his advice over anything bacha says.
Where are those definitions I told you to look up? I'm not interested in your cheap shots or personal attacks that you fall back on every time you don't have an intelligent response which in your case is all the time. Now go look up the definition of a tangible asset and an intangible asset. There you will learn the difference between the two and how those two completely different asset classes influenced the price of the sale BBSM mentioned.
Knowing the difference might just serve you very well from an economic perspective sometime later in life.

It will be fine

Right and I ask you this question. What percentage of the original Day1 ADP contractors will still be there a year later? My guess? Less than 40% And there are no protected territories proprietary rights or goodwill at least no mention of it, somebody could lose a LOT of money.
I don’t think anyone will lose that much. I think a lot of people will try it, end up earning much less than projected and burn out working 7 days a week. They’ll go under and Amazon will move on to the next one.

Oldfart

Where are those definitions I told you to look up? I'm not interested in your cheap shots or personal attacks that you fall back on every time you don't have an intelligent response which in your case is all the time. Now go look up the definition of a tangible asset and an intangible asset. There you will learn the difference between the two and how those two completely different asset classes influenced the price of the sale BBSM mentioned.
Knowing the difference might just serve you very well from an economic perspective sometime later in life.
At the end of the bacha, you are JUST a truck driver. You will never be a business genius, your CPA story is comical. Your Congressman found a person willing to do ANYTHING to feel important. You can cut and paste financial news all you want but it won't make you any smarter.

I don't need to know the difference between tangible and intangible. I have a CPA for those matters. He has done me right for years. Just glad he didn't hire you to work with him.

bacha29

I don’t think anyone will lose that much. I think a lot of people will try it, end up earning much less than projected and burn out working 7 days a week. They’ll go under and Amazon will move on to the next one.
It will go until as they say......"the word's out on it" . When it does that 'next one" might just be nowhere to be found.
Being in the Boston metro area there's no doubt that ADP will be there soon. But and go ahead and laugh should there be a number of successive contractor failures in your area ADP might just come looking for you to see if could take it over and make it work.

bacha29

At the end of the bacha, you are JUST a truck driver. You will never be a business genius, your CPA story is comical. Your Congressman found a person willing to do ANYTHING to feel important. You can cut and paste financial news all you want but it won't make you any smarter.

I don't need to know the difference between tangible and intangible. I have a CPA for those matters. He has done me right for years. Just glad he didn't hire you to work with him.
And never trying to learn something for yourself you'll have no choice but to never question anything he says.
I've done a lot more than to just drive a truck but doing so occupied the majority of my working years. But knowing that it alone wouldn't be enough and devoid of a wife and kids that I could depend on for advice and knowledge I knew that I needed to learn as much as possible regarding matters that could impact my life going forward.
Now given your obviously limited gene pool and of course we know all about the problem with inbreeding down your way I seriously doubt that your inbred loins begat much in the way of a gifted intellect that you could go to for professional knowledge and advice. As senseless as it is nevertheless you want cheap shots .

I'll give you as many as you can withstand and they will be painful But, clearly that's the way you want it.