Bezos does the expected for once.

Oldfart

The state of the relationship between VT and his wife is purely a domestic matter. You resent and perhaps flat out dislike people who have lived in or are native to a third world nation for the simple reason that they are different. People like you hate change. Well bud you had better get used to a whole lot of change.
For example Barrack Obama will NOT be the last non white minority to be elected president. There will be women, Catholic's Jews, LGT's etc who will continue to ascend to positions of power.
Yep, change and a whole of it is coming and there ain't a damn thing you can do about it. Except of course to move to a third world nation.
I have no problems with that. My name is Bucky Goldstein and I am a Jewish cowboy but was raised Catholic.

vantexan

When you're resigned to living in a flophouse, yes.
Who's living in a flophouse? I've been staying in guesthouses and hostels, something very common outside of the U.S.. And my $150 room? I could stay in hostels with open bays, sleeping amongst other travelers for considerably less. I prefer privacy. Last year I spent two months in a private room, separate from the main house with it's own bathroom, on a doctor's property in Mexico for $120 a month. Flophouse? You really don't know what you're talking about.

It will be fine

I resent someone living in a 3rd world country, HAS lived in a tent for a while, hasn't seen his wife in months. That is funny. I have never been to another country but I am over halfway thru my bucket list of visiting all 50 states. Finishing up another 3 day weekend in Daytona before heading back to work for a few days and attending next weeks race in Sparta Ky. You want to talk about a vacation destination. You are really missing out if you haven't spent time in Sparta Ky.
Never been to another country? Seriously? That’s crazy, you need to get out more.

vantexan

That's funny I don't care who you are. While I have caught you and bacha and OP telling untruths, find 1 instance where I have told an untruth.
You twist what we say then call us liars. That's dishonest. You just tried to do it with a silly thing, questioning if I was lying about the number of restaurants.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Who's living in a flophouse? I've been staying in guesthouses and hostels, something very common outside of the U.S.. And my $150 room? I could stay in hostels with open bays, sleeping amongst other travelers for considerably less. I prefer privacy. Last year I spent two months in a private room, separate from the main house with it's own bathroom, on a doctor's property in Mexico for $120 a month. Flophouse? You really don't know what you're talking about.

You call it a hostel, I call it a flophouse. Wouldn't be caught dead in either.

vantexan

I resent someone living in a 3rd world country, HAS lived in a tent for a while, hasn't seen his wife in months. That is funny. I have never been to another country but I am over halfway thru my bucket list of visiting all 50 states. Finishing up another 3 day weekend in Daytona before heading back to work for a few days and attending next weeks race in Sparta Ky. You want to talk about a vacation destination. You are really missing out if you haven't spent time in Sparta Ky.
So what you're saying is a couple can't sacrifice for awhile to better their financial situation? What about guys in the military who deploy for a year away from their families? Guys who work on oil rigs or drive big rigs? Plenty of people spend time away from family for financial reasons.

As far as living in a tent...man in Karakol, Kyrgyzstan came up with idea of instead of an open bay sleeping arrangement on bunk beds he put a bunch of 2 and 3 person tents in a large, air conditioned room. Each tent has a light, electric outlet, and a comfortable foam mattress covering the floor. So each person, or couple, or even family has it's own private space. The rest of the hostel is very well furnished and equipped. Big screen tv, excellent wifi, huge modern kitchen, very clean restrooms. Ran me about $176 for a month. Show me any place in the U.S. as nice for that kind of money and I'll stay there. Places like that made it very easy to pay our car off in 5 months.