Bezos does the expected for once.

dmac1

That's exactly what the whole plan is building up to. This is when you'll start. This is when you stop. This is what you'll drive.This is what you wear This is where you go. This is how you'll do it. etc etc. It's the same damn thing only done even cheaper.
Amazon doesn't want FXG contractors for the same reason we three day 1's were told X wanted rid of us........"you know too much".

Seems like you have leapt to a conclusion that things will be done cheaper with zero evidence. All my statements have been prefaced with 'if' and suggestions that people should wait for details. But you are outright trying to provoke hatred for the plan. I think something about your fedex experience may have snapped something in your thought process.

I at least have explained why and how Amazon could be able to pay more than fedex pays ISPs. I have doubts, but I wouldn't advise anyone to skip looking into it based on your words. There is a possibility that it could be a good move, especially for those already in the business, like ISPs looking to increase income, and maybe be able to keep more drivers on the payroll by keeping them busier. In fact, if Amazon is helping with recruiting, it would be a big help for ISPs. I somehow think that Amazon may limit or prohibit fedex ISPs from becoming an ADP, due to the possible conflict of interest.

bacha29

Seems like you have leapt to a conclusion that things will be done cheaper with zero evidence. All my statements have been prefaced with 'if' and suggestions that people should wait for details. But you are outright trying to provoke hatred for the plan. I think something about your fedex experience may have snapped something in your thought process.

I at least have explained why and how Amazon could be able to pay more than fedex pays ISPs. I have doubts, but I wouldn't advise anyone to skip looking into it based on your words. There is a possibility that it could be a good move, especially for those already in the business, like ISPs looking to increase income, and maybe be able to keep more drivers on the payroll by keeping them busier. In fact, if Amazon is helping with recruiting, it would be a big help for ISPs. I somehow think that Amazon may limit or prohibit fedex ISPs from becoming an ADP, due to the possible conflict of interest.
Right. it sill comes down to what the contract says and does not say. One thing you can be certain of is that it will be a contract whose terms will all be dictated by Amazon and no one else which will no doubt leave the contractor with an uphill battle.
Judging by the upward trend of the stock which has a target price ranging from 2000 on the conservative side all the way up to as high as 2600 on the high side you might just be better off to bet your money on the stock rather than a contract whose terms will likely not favor you the ADP contractor.
Just give it time and word of mouth which still travels very fast will expose the benefits as well as the trappings this Bezos latest little scheme.

bacha29

Why didn't you hide it from them there like you do from us here?
You would have to be strictly on a need to know basis and you don't need to know. What I do want you to know is that your Mom was pissed and I do mean missed when she found out that you left the cellar door unlocked when you went to bed last night.
She says that she's going to pull the plug on your desk top and stop paying your internet bill for like the next 12,000 years. You really did it this time. And you might not know this but your lap top was out on the street and Orion picked it up so see him if you want it back. Your Iphone and your IPad? Gone man. Look I did everything I could to bail you out. Even threatened to break off my relationship with her . No great loss there. Don't get me wrong. She's was good but you know......limited.

FedGT

You would have to be strictly on a need to know basis and you don't need to know. What I do want you to know is that your Mom was :censored2: and I do mean missed when she found out that you left the cellar door unlocked when you went to bed last night.
She says that she's going to pull the plug on your desk top and stop paying your internet bill for like the next 12,000 years. You really did it this time. And you might not know this but your lap top was out on the street and Orion picked it up so see him if you want it back. Your Iphone and your IPad? Gone man. Look I did everything I could to bail you out. Even threatened to break off my relationship with her . No great loss there. Don't get me wrong. She's was good but you know......limited.
....................what the hell????

Chaos

I Am The Devil
They plan 7 days a week, plus expect you to give days off. Double the number of drivers for 40 routes is pretty reasonable if you expect to serve Amazon professionally without excuses for not having enough drivers available. If you have 40 drivers working 4 10 hour days, you will need 40 more working 3 10 hour days. That's 80 drivers right there. If you want to pay some overtime, you may need a few less drivers. Some of your 30 hour part-timers may be available to cover absences for vacations or other time off. You will need to actually manage schedules and not just figure it will work out. You will need to show some management skills. A huge difference from just being an independent business in name only with 5-10 drivers you share management duties for with fedex.

Add in requested time off, and even drivers having one week vacation, and you need at least a couple extra drivers just to cover vacations. Then you have sudden quits, and people getting sick or injured, and I don't think Amazon wants the unprofessionalism that some fedex ISPs exhibit. They want drivers that may have access to customer homes and vehicles, and I would NEVER let a fedex ground driver making less than a living wage into either my home or vehicle. That's going to take hiring GOOD people who won't be tempted by the trust you will need to have in them.

All good points. Not enough money for the aggravation and liabilities. Of course depending of the area you are in will define what is a living wage.

bacha29

I'm thinking "dementia patient who took some LSD instead of his meds." And HE KNEW TOO MUCH!
Look, your Mom and I wanted to break the news of our relationship to you as gently as possible and at the right time but nooooo you had to leave the cellar door unlocked. Man, I tried to calm her down. In fact I told her to take some more estrogen and go lay down. A lot of good that did. So I finally said to her, "look people have kids for two different reasons, some people want a family some people want an event and that kid of yours is clearly not a family, he's just an event.and don't try to tell me that this isn't what you wanted.......and I suppose that this is all my fault too". My dementia can be attributed to advancing age. What's yours attributed too? I have a strong suspicion that yours is hereditary.

Oldfart

Look, your Mom and I wanted to break the news of our relationship to you as gently as possible and at the right time but nooooo you had to leave the cellar door unlocked. Man, I tried to calm her down. In fact I told her to take some more estrogen and go lay down. A lot of good that did. So I finally said to her, "look people have kids for two different reasons, some people want a family some people want an event and that kid of yours is clearly not a family, he's just an event.and don't try to tell me that this isn't what you wanted.......and I suppose that this is all my fault too". My dementia can be attributed to advancing age. What's yours attributed too? I have a strong suspicion that yours is hereditary.
This explains a lot

bacha29

This explains a lot
Thank you. I put a lot of work into the details and disclosure of some very private matters. At the same time this guy has absolutely no respect for anybody including the small but important contribution you made during X's formative years. He's acts like the people who followed we Day 1's into my station They too acted like we didn't know anything, didn't know how to run a business despite that in reality we never actually had a true business to run and to this day neither do they as well as the belief that the place never even existed until they arrived.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

Since you wanted to bring mothers into this for the 2nd consecutive post, here goes...

Q: How long did it take bacha's mom to take a dump?
A: Nine months.

59 Dano

Thank you. I put a lot of work into the details and disclosure of some very private matters. At the same time this guy has absolutely no respect for anybody including the small but important contribution you made during X's formative years. He's acts like the people who followed we Day 1's into my station They too acted like we didn't know anything, didn't know how to run a business despite that in reality we never actually had a true business to run and to this day neither do they as well as the belief that the place never even existed until they arrived.

I have no idea what you're jabbering on about and I don't care. I don't know what weight you think "DAY ONE DAY ONE DAY ONE" carries, but it's not much.

bacha29

I have no idea what you're jabbering on about and I don't care. I don't know what weight you think "DAY ONE DAY ONE DAY ONE" carries, but it's not much.
Wooo. Did we hurt little Dano's feelings? Is he a good boy? Is little Dano being a good boy? When it comes to taking cheap shots at people you don't even know it has been proven conclusively that there's simply no level too low for you to stoop to. But don't worry that bitter taste in your mouth you are presently experiencing? It's simply a generous dose of your own medicine.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Wooo. Did we hurt little Dano's feelings? Is he a good boy? Is little Dano being a good boy? When it comes to taking cheap shots at people you don't even know it has been proven conclusively that there's simply no level too low for you to stoop to. But don't worry that bitter taste in your mouth you are presently experiencing? It's simply a generous dose of your own medicine.
Don't worry, if going low was the objective, then you beat OF and Dano, hands down.

A proud day for you, I'm sure.

bacha29

Don't worry, if going low was the objective, then you beat OF and Dano, hands down.

A proud day for you, I'm sure.
Everything I needed to know about being a cheap shot respondent I learned from those two. Everything that I as well as many others posted was met with a snide remark or personal attack from one or both of them.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Everything I needed to know about being a cheap shot respondent I learned from those two. Everything that I as well as many others posted was met with a snide remark or personal attack from one or both of them.
Do you wrestle hogs in the pig slop, too?

Just trying to establish your props.

bacha29

Do you wrestle hogs in the pig slop, too?

Just trying to establish your props.
While the sport you mention is quite popular down your way I'm sorry to tell you that I have no interest in that past time. However if you wish you may pass along a brief outline of the rules and when I get a chance I take a look at them.

59 Dano

I take it that I was supposed to be offended or otherwise bothered by your posts instead of entertained.

dmac1

Difference is that Day one people like me who went to recruitment meeting were made promises to entice us into contracting. The promises were never kept, and within a few weeks, the original HD plan was discarded. Instead of being HD, we became ground lite with addendums handed out almost weekly and management even assigning your primary contracted service area to others and being told that operational needs allowed them to 'flex' at will and that the contract allowed them to make full use of your vehicle, meaning whatever THEY wanted it to mean.

I was told, and the contract seemingly stated that you were only obliged to deliver in your ONE contracted zip code, but instead they designed 'routes' that included that zip code, most days.

Those who came in later were able to see how they actually operated before signing and investing in an otherwise almost useless vehicle. Contracting with fedex was one of the biggest employment related disappointments in my life with fedex being less honest than ANY other company I have worked for in about 35 working years going back to 1970.