Bezos does the expected for once.

vantexan

Difference is that Day one people like me who went to recruitment meeting were made promises to entice us into contracting. The promises were never kept, and within a few weeks, the original HD plan was discarded. Instead of being HD, we became ground lite with addendums handed out almost weekly and management even assigning your primary contracted service area to others and being told that operational needs allowed them to 'flex' at will and that the contract allowed them to make full use of your vehicle, meaning whatever THEY wanted it to mean.

I was told, and the contract seemingly stated that you were only obliged to deliver in your ONE contracted zip code, but instead they designed 'routes' that included that zip code, most days.

Those who came in later were able to see how they actually operated before signing and investing in an otherwise almost useless vehicle. Contracting with fedex was one of the biggest employment related disappointments in my life with fedex being less honest than ANY other company I have worked for in about 35 working years going back to 1970.
Don't tell Dano that. He'll start talking about black helicopters and how you couldn't cut it as a businessman. It's your problem, not the company's.

zeev

Difference is that Day one people like me who went to recruitment meeting were made promises to entice us into contracting. The promises were never kept, and within a few weeks, the original HD plan was discarded. Instead of being HD, we became ground lite with addendums handed out almost weekly and management even assigning your primary contracted service area to others and being told that operational needs allowed them to 'flex' at will and that the contract allowed them to make full use of your vehicle, meaning whatever THEY wanted it to mean.

I was told, and the contract seemingly stated that you were only obliged to deliver in your ONE contracted zip code, but instead they designed 'routes' that included that zip code, most days.

Those who came in later were able to see how they actually operated before signing and investing in an otherwise almost useless vehicle. Contracting with fedex was one of the biggest employment related disappointments in my life with fedex being less honest than ANY other company I have worked for in about 35 working years going back to 1970.
Fedex has no integrity at all people need to know that going in,spread the word.

bacha29

Fedex has no integrity at all people need to know that going in,spread the word.
Glad to meet a person who had the same experiences. Nothing those people do or say can be deemed trustworthy or believable. Compliance with the terms of their own unilaterally drafted and implemented contract?......Wasn't worth the paper it was written on. Just a daily barrage of new addendum's, amendments, revisions ,ultimatums, reinterpretations etc etc while still expecting you to put ever increasing sums of money at risk. And this practice still exists to this very day.Why? Because there's nobody there to stop them.
Now if you're in a fast growing easy to service part of the country with a modern transportation system where you're tires never come in contact with an unpaved surface plus a never ending supply of very cheap labor you can get away with this . But if you are not operating in an area that has these advantages then you will come to a point where you have to quit throwing money at it.

zeev

When they started ground I knew it would be a bad deal for the contractors as an employee I had an insight into how they operate. At this point they conduct fake workgroup meetings and fake sfa but who cares I get paid every week and they leave us alone

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
When they started ground I knew it would be a bad deal for the contractors as an employee I had an insight into how they operate. At this point they conduct fake workgroup meetings and fake sfa but who cares I get paid every week and they leave us alone
Ground gets paid weakly too. :biggrin:

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

Cool story, bro.

59 Dano

Don't tell Dano that. He'll start talking about black helicopters and how you couldn't cut it as a businessman. It's your problem, not the company's.

I'm going by what is presented to me. There are guys like you who are full of histrionics and hyperbole about how it's this terrible ordeal. Then there are guys who will say that it's a business deal and you can take it or leave it and it's up to you to make it work. People enter into agreements all the time based on assumptions and that's as good a way as any to have a poor experience.

Some people learn the hard way that they aren't cut out for business and still won't admit it.

bacha29

I'm going by what is presented to me. There are guys like you who are full of histrionics and hyperbole about how it's this terrible ordeal. Then there are guys who will say that it's a business deal and you can take it or leave it and it's up to you to make it work. People enter into agreements all the time based on assumptions and that's as good a way as any to have a poor experience.

Some people learn the hard way that they aren't cut out for business and still won't admit it.
Listen, seriously for once. If RPS/FXG simply operated in full and consistent compliance with it's own contract they would have come closer to what you envision a business to be. Instead, they were all over the place. Bring to their attention a matter that was in clear conflict with the terms of their contract their answer was always...."well, it's changed" or just a few days later you would be presented with another addendum added to the base contract. Remember too it was just a one year contract. At the start of the new year they handed you another vague and ambiguous contract . Even the federal judge who ruled against X commented on the slyness by which the contract was crafted.
As i mentioned earlier FXG is a nationwide carrier. Because of the nation's very diverse economy with wide variations in terms of strength of local economy the people in the rat holes that still have to receive service reach a point that given their failing local economy and a contract you couldn't have faith in simply wouldn't put anymore money at risk.
Now given what we do know about FXG and what we don't know about ADP then all I can say to you is simply ........try it yourself if you think you can do any better.

Oldfart

Gotta love how zeev and operational agree that Fedex has no integrity yet at least 1 of them works there and takes their money each week. How can anyone possibly work for a company that has no integrity. Have to be a basket case to subject yourself to that.

59 Dano

Listen, seriously for once. If RPS/FXG simply operated in full and consistent compliance with it's own contract they would have come closer to what you envision a business to be. Instead, they were all over the place. Bring to their attention a matter that was in clear conflict with the terms of their contract their answer was always...."well, it's changed" or just a few days later you would be presented with another addendum added to the base contract. Remember too it was just a one year contract. At the start of the new year they handed you another vague and ambiguous contract .

You think it was a raw deal yet you kept going back for more EACH YEAR?

Now given what we do know about FXG and what we don't know about ADP then all I can say to you is simply ........try it yourself if you think you can do any better.

Try what? And why?

bacha29

You think it was a raw deal yet you kept going back for more EACH YEAR?

Try what? And why?
I will not dignify or validate those comments with a response. Why? Simple. The only way your remarks are validated is if someone responds to them. It won't be me but if someone else wants to do they are completely free to do so.

vantexan

I certainly think being a Ground driver is a terrible ordeal but since I've never been a contractor all I can go on is what I read here. I get the impression from bbsam that he makes good money as a contractor but judging by his recent posts he doesn't feel it's as good a situation as it was say 5 years ago. It's just like FedEx to put pressure on people to do more for less. And they will most likely continue down that path until it nearly blows up in their face. Exactly what they did at Express. Hurting people to increase profit is no way to run a business IMO.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
It is not a lie if you believe it
D7D15F55-C648-4B83-B68E-051FB89C723C.gif