Bid on route

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
the whole pension/fulltime is disgusting at UPS, after I put ten years in , 5 years preload (25hrs a week) 5 years driving (40+ Hrs a week) I got my pension statement the other week i get $10 a month if i retired now lol

542thruNthru

It's just so crazy how different it is across the country. These 22.4s are really going to create some interesting threads when they finally get implemented. Just a whole new thing for UPS to screw up or mess with.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
B4EFCC2B-CFAB-4161-9DCC-1FC08251851B.png
Not exactly. Our cover drivers make 75% of top rate.

So going to 22.4 will be a pay increase

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
That's what our cover drivers are.
No cover drivers here....that job class doesn’t exist in Nor-Cal. Tuesday through Saturday drivers currently are just low seniority full time drivers. They get a 35 cent shift differential pay increase though and when they work Monday they are paid double time. Also that 35 cent increase is paid all week not just on Saturday.

542thruNthru

No cover drivers here....that job class doesn’t exist in Nor-Cal. Tuesday through Saturday drivers currently are just low seniority full time drivers. They get a 35 cent shift differential pay increase though and when they work Monday they are paid double time. Also that 35 cent increase is paid all week not just on Saturday.

So the company is really making out where you are when this contract goes through.

No more extra 35 cents per driver and pay them less.

JL 0513

How are hundreds of weeks of vacations and thousands of days off per year, per center covered if there are no cover drivers. There's cover drivers but you guys just call it something else. In my center, about 1/4th of drivers are cover drivers, all full time - same status as bid drivers. They're cover by choice to avoid crappy routes. There are no part time drivers (outside of air) in New England.

JL 0513

As to OP question. In New England, we bid once every 2 years. However, retirements or job loss in any other way that opens up a route then goes up for bid before the 2 year increment.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
How are hundreds of weeks of vacations and thousands of days off per year, per center covered if there are no cover drivers. There's cover drivers but you guys just call it something else. In my center, about 1/4th of drivers are cover drivers, all full time - same status as bid drivers. They're cover by choice to avoid crappy routes. There are no part time drivers (outside of air) in New England.
Yes I understand but in Southern California they actually have a cover driver. Think of them more as a casual driver.

From what I understand these are drivers who don’t quite have a permanent spot yet and work the pre-load when a driving spot isn’t available.

This would never fly in Nor-Cal as from where I sit it would seemingly make the wait for a permanent “Full-Time” spit take for ever.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
So the company is really making out where you are when this contract goes through.

No more extra 35 cents per driver and pay them less.
RPCD would still qualify for the 35 cents as its “differential pay” for the abnormal schedule.

The double time on Monday will still exist because that’s considered “7th day” work.

With that said I’d be surprised if those schedules will be needed because of the influx of 22.4’s.

ol'browneye

is there a rule on if you bid on a route how long you have to wait to bid on another one? That's if you win the route as what I mean how long do you have to wait before you can bid on another route?

Where I am in Missouri, I believe we can win 3 bids a year but have to wait 30 days after winning one to bid again.