bid route question

silliemarz

driver won a bid on a route 2 weeks ago, but he does not want it anymore because another route is opening up due to retirement. is there a waiting time for him to wait to be allowed to bid again. I want to bid on the retired driver's route and was wondering. none of the other drivers want to move routes.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
driver won a bid on a route 2 weeks ago, but he does not want it anymore because another route is opening up due to retirement. is there a waiting time for him to wait to be allowed to bid again. I want to bid on the retired driver's route and was wondering. none of the other drivers want to move routes.
It's in your contract book

Read it

By The Book

Did the driver drive the route?

10 point

We have a local practice that allows any driver to make 3 moves per year and they don't have to wait to bid.
Local practices rule.

barnyard

KTM rider
Going to have to read your supplement. In my building the guy that signed the bid can turn it down, but cannot bid again for 1 year.

10 point

Going to have to read your supplement. In my building the guy that signed the bid can turn it down, but cannot bid again for 1 year.
Local practice superceeds any other language.
3 bids a year period

Sent using BrownCafe App
This may be correct in that local. Our drivers, when not happy with the route they bid whether they did or didn't drive the new route, have the option to bid their old route back when it goes back up for bid. That's move #2.

By The Book

what section? ive skimmed the contract and the supplement.

he's been on the route for 2 weeks.
Our drivers have to stay on a bid route that they win for 6 months. They can't rebid until that time. I would think it would follow how they're treating the bids currently. If they're honoring your contract language and haven't let anyone wiggle out of a bid for say 2 years, and they now are going to allow it, it may not be a past practice anymore. They weren't following how the past practice was being done if you follow me.

silliemarz

thanks for all the input!

i was curious because I'm in a small center with 8 routes and 6 of the drivers are preloading the trucks and the retired person has a preloading route. and no Orion here. have to input addresses still.

I'm definitely talking to a steward cause I don't want to lose out on this.

By The Book

thanks for all the input!

i was curious because I'm in a small center with 8 routes and 6 of the drivers are preloading the trucks and the retired person has a preloading route. and no Orion here. have to input addresses still.

I'm definitely talking to a steward cause I don't want to lose out on this.
Look under seniority and job assignments, and package car vacancies in your supplement.

jr619

He can bid on the new route even though he just got a new route. In my center a driver went through 4 routes in 1 year. San Diego.